Anyone is having realtime playback with the Resolve scopes?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

kepler

Anyone is having realtime playback with the Resolve scopes?

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 12:20 pm

Hi,

I've a Mac Pro 3.1 with a Quadro 4000 GPU and GT120 for display, Decklink Studio 2 and a 4 disc RAID0 array.

I thought this setup would be sufficient to have playback at real time from HD uncompressed footage, and it can (at 25 fps).

But it can't whith the scopes being shown, which is very annoying. Doing a playback whith them only gives (18-20 fps). Seems like the scopes are being updated at playback and they slow down the FPS.

Seems like the scopes cant be "freezed" during playback to release the GPU so I would like to know if you people are getting that realtime performance with the scopes being shwon and which setup are you using.

Thanks.

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

Re: Anyone is having realtime playback with the Resolve scop

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 9:11 am

kepler wrote:Hi,

I've a Mac Pro 3.1 with a Quadro 4000 GPU and GT120 for display, Decklink Studio 2 and a 4 disc RAID0 array.

I thought this setup would be sufficient to have playback at real time from HD uncompressed footage, and it can (at 25 fps).

But it can't whith the scopes being shown, which is very annoying. Doing a playback whith them only gives (18-20 fps). Seems like the scopes are being updated at playback and they slow down the FPS.

Seems like the scopes cant be "freezed" during playback to release the GPU so I would like to know if you people are getting that realtime performance with the scopes being shwon and which setup are you using.

Thanks.

On a single GPU (GUI + CUDA) on a Mac Pro 5,1, I can get RT playback with the scopes.

I think the Mac Pro 3,1 is limiting you in terms of CPU speed and memory bandwidth.
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Return to Post Production