Adobe Premiere Black Magic Codecs

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

eviladmin

Adobe Premiere Black Magic Codecs

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 2:36 am

The black magic sequence presets are not showing up when I start Premiere Pro CS6. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Decklink Desktop Video package multiple times, ran adobe clean, reinstalled adobe then installed Desktop Video again. Nothing has worked. Still no sequence presets.

Kaspar Ko

Blackmagic Design

Re: Adobe Premiere Black Magic Codecs

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 2:43 am

CS6 functions a little differently than previous versions of Premiere. The only project settings you will see are the Blackmagic Uncompressed presets. Playback is supported through non-Blackmagic sequences due to the Mercury Engine. So whereas in CS5.5 and prior, you'd have to pick the proper Blackmagic sequence, in CS6, all you have to do is make sure Blackmagic is selected in Preferences for the audio and video playback device. As long as it's a frame rate and resolution we support via the cards, it should just work fine. The only need to pick a Blackmagic preset is if you were specifically working with Blackmagic uncompressed and wanted the entire project to stay in that format.

If you aren't even seeing that, then do you have Premiere installed in a non default location like a different drive or folder? The installer may not detect the CS6 installation if it's not in the default location.
Kaspar Ko
Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

eviladmin

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 5:41 pm

hmm...Well, that's not there either. Premiere has been installed in my applications folder on my systems main hard drive. Any other ideas?

Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Aug 30, 2012 6:36 pm

It sounds like possibly the plug-ins didn't install properly. On Mac, you should find the plug-ins here:

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS6/MediaCore/

They will be named:
DeckLinkDevice.bundle (not installed for Intensity)
DeckLinkFileImport.bundle
DeckLinkRecord.bundle (called IntensityRecord.bundle for Intensity)
DeckLinkTransmit.bundle

If you are not finding these plug-ins, you can manually install them. You can find them on your computer here:
/Library/Application Support/Blackmagic Design/Blackmagic DeckLink/CS6

You might also have to manually install the Editing Modes and Sequence Presets for CS6. Within the Blackmagic Decklink/CS6 location listed above, you'll also see two files named:
Blackmagic Editing Mode.xml
DeckLinkPresets.zip (called IntensityPresets.zip for Intensity)

You will have to "Show Package Contents" of the the Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.app file to see the folder structure within. Place the Blackmagic Editing Mode.xml file in the following location:
/Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.app/Contents/Settings/Editing Modes/

Unzip the Presets file, and copy the Presets Folders to the following location:
/Applications/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6/Adobe Premiere Pro CS6.app/Contents/Settings/SequencePresets/
Sarah Jones

Blackmagic Design

eviladmin

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 8:06 pm

This sounded like it could work. I moved everything into the folders you specified, restarted, but still no go. No blackmagic presets appearing still.

Jnicholas

PostTue Sep 17, 2013 5:31 am

Anyone found a resolution to this? I have just installed Premiere CC on a Mac. I had previously been able to run video through my Teranex via Thunderbolt; however, my presets have all disappeared now. I tired manually installing them into the folders (after I did a clean wipe of everything Blackmagic from the system and reinstalled all the drivers) but that didn't seem to work either. Also, the listed drivers are for Premiere CS6, would there need to be new CC drivers?

Return to Post Production