Hyperdeck Studio Pro - no 5oP

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Bo Skelmose

Hyperdeck Studio Pro - no 5oP

PostTue Feb 12, 2013 6:40 pm

Hi
Just to update the missing functionality of the Hyperdeck Studio Pro.
Cannot record 1920x1080 50P via HDMI, Cannot playback in slow without reversing fields. Cannot playback using the original timecodes captured by SDI. Cannot record 4 ch. video. Cannot record in DNxHD Mov and MXF.
What it can do - is to record uncompressed and in Prores to the disks - for later use, and it looks great.

Bo Skelmose

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Pro - no 5oP

PostWed Feb 13, 2013 12:43 pm

The OCZ Vertex 4 - 512gB SSD dont work on the Hyperdeck Studio Pro. Recording lamp flashes and audio recording is dropped on audio track 2-16 after 1-2 minuttes. My OCZ Agility 3 - 256gB works great.

Aleksander Steffensen

Re: Hyperdeck Studio Pro - no 5oP

PostWed Feb 13, 2013 2:41 pm

Bosk wrote:Just to update the missing functionality of the Hyperdeck Studio Pro.
Cannot record 1920x1080 50P via HDMI, Cannot playback in slow without reversing fields. Cannot playback using the original timecodes captured by SDI. Cannot record 4 ch. video. Cannot record in DNxHD Mov and MXF.

Regarding the timecode playback, have you checked the HyperDeck utility, there is an option there for playing out the original timecode.

I know BMD products well enough to know that new functionality like recording 4 channels of video simultaneously, if it ever comes, is not likely to be implemented during the first year or so.

About recording in DNxHD / MXF.. This works on the regular HDS, so I cannot understand why it shouldn't work on the pro!? Very odd..
Steffensen Multimedia
http://www.stmm.no

Return to Post Production