Input Problems!

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

focusedcoder

Input Problems!

PostFri Aug 31, 2012 11:11 pm

Hi I just recently installed my blackmagic intensity pro. I installed the drivers and everything and all the programs. I changed all the settings as well. I have the HDMI's in the correct slot i believe (input on end, output in middle) I have not been able to view my xbox screen on my tv or the media software please help!

Mike Squires

Re: Input Problems!

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 9:55 pm

Go into the Blackmagic Control Panel and make sure the input is set to HDMI, not Component or Composite.

If using Windows, it's in Control Panel/Hardware and Sound. Don't know about Mac.

Benjamin Higginbotham

PostSun Sep 02, 2012 1:06 am

Also remember that if the XBox starts outputting HDCP (in a movie for example) you won't be able to see it via the Intensity. You need to make sure that you also match the output resolution of your XBox perfectly to the capture resolution. For example if you're outputting 720p/59.94 and the Intensity is set for 1080p/30 then you'll see black. Both the XBox and Intensity must match not only the frame resolution but frame rate as well.

As mike said, also make sure your master card settings are taking the HDMI input and not component or composite.
Benjamin Higginbotham
TMRO - Making Space Commonplace

Mike Squires

PostSun Sep 02, 2012 2:49 am

I totally forgot about HDCP, good call Ben. To the OP, if that's the problem, you'll have to use Component out of the X-Box.

Raphaël Jacquot

PostSun Sep 02, 2012 3:44 am

you can also insert

http://www.adafruit.com/products/609

between said XBox and blackmagic device

Return to Post Production