What reasonable PC System to Buy?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Dave

What reasonable PC System to Buy?

PostSat Sep 01, 2012 7:18 pm

I bought an Intensity Pro Card and Adobe PP CS4 software a few years ago and realized I didnt have the hardware to run it. My PC finally crapped out on me so I want to buy a system to build around this hardware and application.

The website is somewhat helpful but confusing. It lists specific Graphics cards which is very helpful. Mother boards are listed but Im not comfortable building my own system.

Also listed are a few HP Systems so when I look them up the ones I found for sale like HP Z400 and Z600 are using the x58 chipsets which are specifically said to NOT be compatible? Is it all x58 or just the DX58SO which is incompatible? Any help would be appreciated. I am not a techno wiz I just want to transfer all these DV tapes from my Sony HDR HC3 to DVD's

Mike Squires

Re: What reasonable PC System to Buy?

PostSun Sep 02, 2012 2:53 am

If that's all you're wanting to do, just buy any name brand PC with at least an i5 processor, though I'd recommend an i7. Also, I'd make sure it has an nvidia graphics card in it.

DV to DVD doesn't require too much.

thelonius

Re: What reasonable PC System to Buy?

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 5:37 am

DO NOT buy any brand system! You will be surprised that the Intensity Pro DOES NOT work with the Intel DH67CL and an i5!!

Return to Post Production