DaVinci Resolve Lite Issue

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

cclimer

DaVinci Resolve Lite Issue

PostThu Feb 21, 2013 5:46 pm

So, I download resolve lite for the first last week and I am getting flashes in my highlights. My graphic card is in slot 2 of my MacPro. I have a kona card in slot 1 but I don't use that with DaVinci because they don't like each other.My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB. Here is a link showing what the flashing is doing and the corrections I made on it.
. The flashing happens when I am coloring and also after I render. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am trying to show my work the importance of color correcting/grading and I am looking like a fool right now.

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

Re: DaVinci Resolve Lite Issue

PostThu Feb 21, 2013 11:28 pm

cclimer wrote:So, I download resolve lite for the first last week and I am getting flashes in my highlights. My graphic card is in slot 2 of my MacPro. I have a kona card in slot 1 but I don't use that with DaVinci because they don't like each other.My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB. Here is a link showing what the flashing is doing and the corrections I made on it.
. The flashing happens when I am coloring and also after I render. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am trying to show my work the importance of color correcting/grading and I am looking like a fool right now.

My guess is you are on 10.7.5 and this a known OpenCL bug. You need to update to 10.8.2 to have this issue resolved.
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

cclimer

PostFri Feb 22, 2013 12:25 am

Rohit Gupta wrote:
cclimer wrote:So, I download resolve lite for the first last week and I am getting flashes in my highlights. My graphic card is in slot 2 of my MacPro. I have a kona card in slot 1 but I don't use that with DaVinci because they don't like each other.My graphics card is ATI Radeon HD 5770 1024 MB. Here is a link showing what the flashing is doing and the corrections I made on it.

My guess is you are on 10.7.5 and this a known OpenCL bug. You need to update to 10.8.2 to have this issue resolved.

I checked my system at homewhich is running lion and it doesnt do it. The system at work which is listed above and two other computers that are setup the same have the same issue. What is on my work computer that isnt on my home system that I need to update to Lion.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Feb 22, 2013 12:56 am

Any system running Lion with AMD/ATI GPU's will likely have issues at some point. It takes specific program materials and grading adjustments for the issue to appear. It seems to be more likely to happen in highlight and lowlight areas. Only updating to 10.8.2 will solve this issue.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

cclimer

PostSat Mar 02, 2013 2:37 am

If I purchase a Blackmagic Card (Decklink studio) will it work with an AJA breakout box or do I need to purchase a Blackmagic breakout box. Also, if I purchase the card do I need to upgrade to Mountain Lion. I ask because my work doesn't want to upgrade to Mountain Lion and so I need another option to use Resolve to color.

Rohit Gupta

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Mar 02, 2013 6:07 am

cclimer wrote:If I purchase a Blackmagic Card (Decklink studio) will it work with an AJA breakout box or do I need to purchase a Blackmagic breakout box. Also, if I purchase the card do I need to upgrade to Mountain Lion. I ask because my work doesn't want to upgrade to Mountain Lion and so I need another option to use Resolve to color.

The Blackmagic card is used for SDI/HDMI video monitoring. It has direct outputs so you won't need the AJA breakout box.

I think what you are looking for is to replace the ATI card in your Mac Pro with a NVIDIA card. This will let you use Lion without any issues. Please refer to our configuration guide for Resolve to get a list of certified/supported NVIDIA cards for Mac.
Rohit Gupta

DaVinci Resolve Software Development
Blackmagic Design

Return to Post Production