Wrong audio timecode

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Elliott Balsley

Wrong audio timecode

PostTue Mar 05, 2013 5:16 am

Throughout the weekend, I've been importing all the audio from a shoot, with the goal of syncing and rendering dailies. Every WAV I bring in shows the wrong timecode. It's offset by around 10 - 30 seconds, different on each clip.
These WAV files were all created on an Edirol R-4 Pro, set to 23.98fps. Their timecode shows up correctly in Premiere CS 6 and Wave Agent. But I did notice FCP 7 shows it the same as Resolve. I don't know what to make of this.

Here is a sample WAV file, if anyone wants to check it out. https://dl.dropbox.com/u/33335399/ACM_001.wav
Elliott C. Balsley
DIT, Colorist, Cinematographer
www.llamafilm.com

Anish Prithviraj

Blackmagic Design

Re: Wrong audio timecode

PostTue Mar 05, 2013 7:39 am

Hi Elliott,

When I open the file in wave agent, I do not see a Frame Rate associated. Could you see if setting a frame rate in Wave Agent takes care of this?

Thanks.
DaVinci Resolve Program Manager

Elliott Balsley

Re: Wrong audio timecode

PostTue Mar 05, 2013 8:19 am

Brilliant! What a simple fix. I'm surprised the Edirol didn't set that automatically, but maybe I just need to check the settings.

This actually brings a new problem for me though. Now that the timecode appears to be correct, the audio/video is drastically out of sync. Before setting the frame rate, it was just slightly off. I need to investigate this more, but I think the problem is probably with the Edirol's clock.
Elliott C. Balsley
DIT, Colorist, Cinematographer
www.llamafilm.com

Return to Post Production