Why quite some S3D functions acts weired?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

ZhangMing

Why quite some S3D functions acts weired?

PostSat Mar 09, 2013 8:52 am

9.1.1.013, windows version.
Why lots of S3D functions acts weired?
1.Powerwindow with Tracker seemed do not know the flip-flop thing and can only get one eye right, or you have to flop you clips before get them into resolve(big time waste).

2. color corrections rarely works well, most time it just get a whole mass on color even I made a seperate node for it. while other softwares like SG always works fine.

Is there something wrong or this are bugs?

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Why quite some S3D functions acts weired?

PostSat Mar 09, 2013 1:21 pm

Color correction rarely works sounds like you have something significantly wrong in config. Please provide details of your system config and os. What resolution are your source files and timeline? Do the issues you report happen on single timeline or only in 3D?
Peter
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

ZhangMing

PostSun Mar 10, 2013 1:49 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Color correction rarely works sounds like you have something significantly wrong in config. Please provide details of your system config and os. What resolution are your source files and timeline? Do the issues you report happen on single timeline or only in 3D?
Peter

Sorry I didn't make that clear. I mean the auto color match correction for S3D, both primary and custom curves auto adjust always can not make a good match, some rare time even much worse than original(I called that 'a mass') . On my 3D rig, which has a small green effects at the right eye, I always have to manually adjust for the final output. While in speedgrade the color match is always much better(but speedgrade isn't good enough on other parts), also I tried MISTIKA which always performs a perfect auto match. Anyway, today I called some other person viewed the clips, they think the clips matched OK although they can also see the difference. Another thing is, if there's some color adjustments in one eye instead of both eyes before the color match node, and made some unmatch, the auto color match always can not fix that well.
This is a sample that the automatch did.
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=366753&uk=3492376881

So the power window issue in flip-flop s3D clips is a problem to be solved? I think that's not a very big work that put the other eye's power-window to the right place according to the flip-flop setup, but that will be great help or I have to do the secondary grade after output the whole two timeline and base on the new clips.

ZhangMing

PostSun Mar 10, 2013 2:32 am

BTW, this is a SpeedGrade auto match
http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid ... 3492376881
I do not mean speedgrade is better than resolve, but on auto color match, it's much easier, or is there something I missed?

ZhangMing

This is a result in resolve with a bit manually adjustments.

PostSun Mar 10, 2013 3:26 am

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=366832&uk=3492376881

Usually the auto match must be a single node and press primary auto match first, then press custom curves , can get a nearly good result( sometime not, i do not know why), a bit more adjustments can get a acceptalbe result (although still not good enough when look in checkboard view) . SG is much easier at this part.

Return to Post Production