HDLink Pro major problem

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Elliott Balsley

HDLink Pro major problem

PostWed Mar 13, 2013 3:04 am

There is a thread on the Light Illusion forum where some very respectable people say there is a major problem with HDLink Pros. The problem is that any time a LUT is loaded, the output is inaccurate. They say BMD has been aware of the problem for almost a year. I was thinking of purchasing one in the near future for live grading on set, but this is very concerning. Could anyone from Blackmagic please shed some light on this issue?

http://www.lightillusion.com/forums/ind ... 3&topic=34
Elliott C. Balsley
DIT, Colorist, Cinematographer
www.llamafilm.com

jvpeters

Re: HDLink Pro major problem

PostWed Mar 13, 2013 3:30 am

Just found that thread as well Elliott. We'll be sending our HDlink Pro back to B&H. Check the other product threads and you will see how BM responds to customer problems. You'll soon see it's fairly typical for BM to ignore these issues. It's not surprising that it's been a known problem for over a year with no resolution.

I am outraged honestly. With all the bad press BM is getting I don't know how they manage to stay in business. Even the distributors we buy from don't want to touch Black Magic products anymore. They ship faulty products (or with BMCC, no product at all) and then expect their customers to wait years for them to fix the problems. They are using presorders with no product to float the company and false advertising to get people to buy products that don't deliver the features that they advertise.

We're done with BM. We have cancelled our orders for a number of BM products already. Time to try and forget they exist as a manufacturer and dump the Hyperdecks that we have for something where the buttons actually have a function.

Return to Post Production