XAVC transcoding?

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

CrowbaitPictures

XAVC transcoding?

PostSun Mar 24, 2013 10:19 pm

THis question maybe very naive but I'm completely new to resolve. I have recently started working on the new Sony F5 and will be shooting in the new XAVC codec (4:2:2, 10-bit). I cut in Premiere CS6 which does not have XAVC support yet, so I have been told that a good work around is to use Resolve to transcode to prores. My question is - could someone please give me a simple walk through of the best way to do this? As I am new to Resolve I just want to make sure that I am not messing a step up somewhere and causing an unnecessary loss in quality.

I'll give a quick description of what I have already tried.

I start on the 'media' tab - I locate the hard drive with my files and drag them into the 'master' box in the bottom left. I then go to 'clip attributes' and select 'data levels' so as to retain the entirety of the 10-bit colour.

I then switch to the 'delivery' tab - I mark my in and out on the timeline to include all clips on the timeline. I then set my output options to 'prores 422 hq', make sure I'm still set at 'data levels', set a location for the render files, then hit 'add job' and then hit 'render'.

is there anything more that I should be doing?

Thanks,
Nick

Return to Post Production