Decklink SDI + HDlink pro 3D Display + Monitor

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

gutopiletti

Decklink SDI + HDlink pro 3D Display + Monitor

PostThu Apr 04, 2013 5:02 pm

Dear all,

Well, let me explain my issue:
Ive got a Decklink SDI card installed + HDlink Pro 3D Display port + Eizo CG 243 Monitor and ive got to make everything work.

I Installed the Decklink SDI (Desktop Video 9.7) and the HDLink Pro (HD Link Utility) but I am not able to see any imagem from them, I am not sure if my config it's wrong or something else. I tried to use another monitor, just to make sure that's not working and I am not able to see any image from them as well.

Thanks,

Guto

Guisphoto

Re: Decklink SDI + HDlink pro 3D Display + Monitor

PostSat Apr 06, 2013 3:57 pm

I have the same problem... I have connected Decklink directly to a SDI monitor to ensure it is well installed and works fine. But, when I connect the Decklink to the HDlink display port, Eizo has not signal... Hope somebody could help us!.
Alberto Ros
http://vimeo.com/guis

Guisphoto

PostSun Apr 07, 2013 8:05 am

I have read the Eizo CG243 is not compatible with the combination Decklink SDI - HDlink. Frank wrote the only computer monitor compatible is the HP Dreamcolor... viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3300&start=10

Could anybody give us a list of displayport 10bit monitor that works with this combination?
Alberto Ros

gutopiletti

PostSun Apr 07, 2013 9:12 pm

Sorted. Its working for me, just trying to find out how to calibrate the monitor, but so far so good, its working 10bit:

Mac pro Decklink SDI (output) - HDLink Pro 3D Displayport (SDI in A) - (Out via Displayport) - Eizo CG243W (In via displayport).

Trying to calibrate using Spyder3Elite, but dont know how to do that yet.

Guisphoto

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 11:06 am

Thanks Guto!. That is a great news for me. My issue is that I can't get signal from HDlink in the Eizo. I connect the Decklink SDI out to the HDlink SDI IN A. I tried this config with a sdi monitor (HDlink SDI OUT) and works with after effects and Final Cut but when I connect the Eizo through displayport nothing occurs in any output mode. I have tried from PAL 8bit-10bit to 1080P 23,976, 24... but I can't run it. Also I have put the Eizo signal format to HD video and the bandwidth signal to Wide.

Another Issue with HDlink is that always ask me for a firmware update (HDlink utility 3.5.2). I did it, restart the device, the computer... and again ask me for the same firmware update. I am crazy looking what could happen... What output format are you using to sync it? Blackmagic 1080P HD 23,976? 24?

I have a Mac Pro 2012 with OS X Lion, 64gb RAM + NVIDIA Quadro FX4800 for two monitors + Decklink SDI for the Eizo.

I will appreciate any info you could give me about your config.
Thanks a lot!!
Alberto
Alberto Ros

gutopiletti

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 10:27 pm

No problems.

You have to do the firmware update, i think thats the problem. after updated we can check the rest, but i think it's going to work straight away after update.

Guisphoto

PostWed Apr 10, 2013 10:42 am

I wrote to BM and explain him the problem. This is his answer:

"HEllo Alberto,

thanks for your email,

I have tested the HDLink Pro DP and it works with the CG243W. However, if your unit is stuck on a firmware update then it might be defective and it would be better to have a look into it.
Therefore, if your unit is still under warranty, I would recommend you to take it to your reseller and open an RMA, so that we can test it and if we find this to be defective we will swap it for a new product."

So I have return the HDlink and I am waiting for the new unit.
Alberto Ros

gutopiletti

PostThu Apr 11, 2013 10:06 pm

Lets wait to see. Well, keep me updated if you can and good luck...

combojackson

PostThu Jan 16, 2014 12:08 pm

So what is the end of the story?
My Hdlink Pro DP seems to be stuck in a firmware update. Asking me to update it several times a day and I don't get a DP signal out of it??!!!

Thanks

paulens

PostWed Jan 06, 2021 9:42 pm

gutopiletti wrote:Sorted. Its working for me, just trying to find out how to calibrate the monitor, but so far so good, its working 10bit:

Mac pro Decklink SDI (output) - HDLink Pro 3D Displayport (SDI in A) - (Out via Displayport) - Eizo CG243W (In via displayport).

Trying to calibrate using Spyder3Elite, but dont know how to do that yet.

how did you sorted? i have same issue
http://www.omedia.lt

Return to Post Production