Intensity Pro Installation Issues

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Knipoog

Intensity Pro Installation Issues

PostMon Apr 08, 2013 4:20 pm

I've been trying to install Intensity Pro, but unfortunately I have no idea how this piece of equipment works. I have put it into the 2nd and 3rd slots of my mac, and I've heard that either the 1st or 4th slot is possibly required for it to work, but it's on a work computer and I don't want to move anything I don't have to.

I then used the intensity installer, which causes the On-air and Speed test app to appear.

I presume a third party program is needed to utilize the Intensity (Keep in mind this was given to me at work for my work computer with no explanation, so I'm not 100% sure what actually is supposed to happen). I've tried opening FCP7 to do a log and capture, but the Intensity format that is supposed to appear is non-existent.

Am I missing a step? Do I just need to move the Intensity to a different slot? I'm attempting to use this for web streaming, but honestly, I'm lost.

Knipoog

Re: Intensity Pro Installation Issues

PostTue Apr 09, 2013 7:12 pm

UPDATE: The PCI card is recognized by the system profiler (however, it comes up as 'pcibdbd,a117'), but I still can't find the Intensity Format that is supposed to be used for Final Cut Pro 7.

I have also Downloaded BM's Media Express, but that's not picking up anything either. I have a camera connected to the Y in on the breakout cable, but I see nothing.

Help?

Return to Post Production