Windows 8 64bit and Intensity Pro (PCIe)

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Jaffacaique

Windows 8 64bit and Intensity Pro (PCIe)

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 10:49 am

User knowledge required...

I have recently installed Windows 8 on a new PC. Because of this my motherboard does not allow me us my old Pinnacle 500 PCI card in the new motherboard PCIe slots.

As an alternative I would like to use the Intensity Pro PCIe card to capture from TV and VCR. Can anyone confirm whether it is....

1) Fully compatible with Windows 8 64bit?
2) Will the card work okay with Adobe Premiere? (NOT Pro version as it is too expensive)
3) What other software is it compatible with other than the supplied software?

Your answers will determine whether I buy this product, as money is very limited I would prefer real user feedback if possible.

Thank you in advance for any feedback who can provide me with :)

Adam Simmons

Re: Windows 8 64bit and Intensity Pro (PCIe)

PostSun Apr 14, 2013 2:37 pm

What is the exact version of Premiere you're using?
DVC Built Clevo P775DM3-G Laptop with UHD screen, 7700K CPU@4.9Ghz, Geforce GTX 1060 6GB GPU, G-Sync UHD screen, 500GB M.2 Primary, 1x 480GB SSD, 1x1TB M.2, 1x 2TB Video drives.
Building Bespoke Video Editing systems for over 16 years

Jaffacaique

PostSun Apr 21, 2013 8:52 am

Hi Adbear

I have not purchased any software in advance for it yet? I currently own a Pinnacle PCI capture card, but because the card does not work in a PCI express slot on newer motherboards I was looking to purchase a reliable alternative card such as the Intensity Pro. My main concern was would I have to purchase the expensive Premiere Pro software or would it still work okay the basic much cheaper non pro version due to money limits.

my main use for the card is to record to convert my old video tape collection and TV show recordings from my DVD recorder under my TV.

Jaffacaique

Sergio Fontana

PostSun Apr 21, 2013 6:36 pm

I have an Intensity Pro with Win8 x64 and everything works perfectly always download the latest drivers that are vers 9.7.1
I know there is only one version of Premiere Pro and is fully compatible with the Intensity, however, if what you need to do is just capture video from video cassette you can do well with the software included with the Intensity Media Express and then with a little program authoring statement as Nero Video, you can convert and create DVD menu

AndehX

PostMon Apr 22, 2013 11:48 am

AmarecTV is single-handedly the best software to use with the Intensity Pro/Shuttle

Return to Post Production