resolve crashes on playback

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author
paulfifty

resolve crashes on playback

PostFri Sep 07, 2012 5:32 am

I'm experiencing a crash in Resolve when playing back in the color correction room. Resolve works fine/plays back fine then for no predictable reason I lose the HDSDI playback when playing, and Resolve hangs. Only a re-boot brings the HDSDI playback back. This was all happening whilst I was using Resolve v8 after two years of no problems with this suite. I'm Running a 5,1 Quadcore Macpro w 14gig ram A decklink HD Extreme 3d, FX4800 GPU, Tangent Wave, monitoring HDSDI via a HDLINK to a DVI monitor - not the best but it's been solid up to now. ; (

I upgraded to OSX 10.8.1, went to Resolve 9.03b, upgraded to desktop video 9.6.2 Upgraded the CUDA drivers and the HDLINK to 3.5.2 everything is up to date. The problem is the same. Has anybody had this problem.

If I run Resolve with no SDI monitoring (ie not playing back) no crashes all functions, correction, windows, work.

Is my Decklink HDSDI card faulty? is the HDlink faulty?

Any tips most welcome.

abcfilm

Re: resolve crashes on playback

PostSun Sep 09, 2012 7:08 am

I'm actually having a similar problem, I've got 10.8 and a 10.8.1 both doing the same problem.. I'm pretty sure it has to do with this system, as I've tried putting the drives in other systems and they work just fine...

paulfifty

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 5:33 am

ABC FILMS, any luck with your problem?

Margus Voll

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 7:33 am

it can be that your io is faulty.

talk to your reseller maybe you can have test unit from them.
Margus Voll, CSI

http://www.iconstudios.eu
margus (at) iconstudios.eu
IG: margusvoll

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Sep 10, 2012 9:52 pm

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

paulfifty

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 4:19 am

So after checking out lots of posts relating to my problem. I have acted on advice pointing to Desktop Video and ML and advice to use legacy drivers and advice to go to Resolve 9, latest ML, latest Desktop Video etc etc. I tried all of the above and also shipped in a panasonic HDSI monitor to rule out any HDlink issues. Fed some HDSDI via a camera into the HD-LINK - Its fine. I have decided I have a hardware problem - and I've sent the Decklink IO card back to get a new one. I'll keep you posted.

Thanks for the info.

Return to Post Production