No video on Eizo monitor with Decklink mini monitor 4k.

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Myron Hobizal

No video on Eizo monitor with Decklink mini monitor 4k.

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 3:20 am

I currently have an Eizo CG2420, connected HDMI to the Decklink. The Eizo is configured for Video signals. Whenever I import a Resolve project that is not 1080p 24p, the Eizo goes into sleep mode and says "no signal". Only 1080p 24p works. For example, if I import files to the timeline that have frame rate of 1080psf, or 1080 23.976, the Eizo goes to sleep. Then it never will power up again.

Sometimes I can go into Resolve and toggle it back and forth to 24p, or turn SDI 4:4:4 off and on, and then it will power up again. Other times, I have to reboot my computer to get it to function. The HDMI signal supports refresh rates of 60, 50, 30, 25, and 24 Hz. The monitor also supports I/P conversion. Anyone have any thoughts what is going on?

Andrew Kolakowski

Re: No video on Eizo monitor with Decklink mini monitor 4k.

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 6:15 pm

HDMI out of BM cards is politely saying 'problematic'.
Many problems with monitors, TVs etc.
Your case sounds very strange.
Try also setting card in BM settings in control panel. Resolve should overwrite those settings but this is just a theory.
Is it latest Resolve?
Try also different BM drivers for the card. Latest doesn't mean the best. Sometimes going back many versions does help.

Myron Hobizal

PostTue Feb 12, 2019 7:21 pm

Thanks. I have ordered a sdi->hdmi mini converter 4k to use for its LUT capability. I will try that to see if it works better over hdmi. If not, I may need to get an hdmi to display port adapter and try that.

Yes it's the latest Resolve. I also tried setting the options in BM software for the DeckLink. Same issue. I'll try older driver too.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DaveDi

PostMon Feb 06, 2023 10:11 am

Hi Myron,

Have you managed to find a solution for your Eizo monitor?
Did the sdi->hdmi mini converter help?

Thanks

Return to Post Production