ORAL HISTORY RECOVERY FROM JVC ProHD.

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

robert Hart

ORAL HISTORY RECOVERY FROM JVC ProHD.

PostFri Jul 05, 2019 6:10 pm

I have ended up with a task to digitise about 60 hours worth of oral histories which have been shot on a JVC GY-HD111 camera. The originating camera was sold by the owner. I have got hold of three partially U/S cameras which have faulty imagers but the playback decks are good. I do not have a good firewire equipped computer any more so capture via the firewire port is not happening - for now.

I have tried using a Hyperdeck Shuttle recorder taking the vision and sound out through the HDSDI port of the HD251 camera. The recording file type is ProRes. On short clips it works fine but if a dropout goes through it seems the game is over. The Shuttle recorder will not play the clips back. Resolve will not import the files at all and Premiere CS6 reports the files as damaged.

Does anyone have a suggested cure for this malaise. In Windows Explorer, the files exist but as far as editing software or the recorder itself, they are not accessable.

Cheers.

Dermot Shane

Re: ORAL HISTORY RECOVERY FROM JVC ProHD.

PostSat Jul 06, 2019 9:21 pm

Avid|DS has a mode that will capture ANYTHING sent to the SDI input, very useful for this kind of stuff, might check to see if there's one running near you, or hunt one down on FleaBay

robert Hart

PostTue Jul 09, 2019 7:10 pm

Dermot. Thank you for your informative reply.

Dermot Shane

PostWed Jul 10, 2019 8:53 pm

Rob:

this might be worth a look / test as it has a "crash record" function:
https://www.drastic.tv/productsmenu-56/ ... s-3d-cc-4k

Return to Post Production