Intensity Pro Black Screen problem

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Alex Trotta

Intensity Pro Black Screen problem

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 8:05 pm

Hello all,

I purchased a new computer using i5 3570K, 8Gb, SSD 256Gb and Intel DH77EB, first problem was to find a PCI-e slot to make the card work, in the BIOS the card appears active in every slot i tried but in windows it does not appear in control panel, the only slot it works and install drivers are the 16X one, that way i cant use an video card.

I've made a standard installation with the CD and then later update the driver to 9.6.4, with both setups i wasn't able to capture nothing but a black screen, the mb bios and all windows 7 x64 are updated and all windows updates were made and applied correctly and can't think of anything else to try, please any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

PS: I'm trying to capture via HDMI from a laptop, already tested the HDMI output of the laptop on a monitor with HDMI and it works fine, also i tried to capture with Premier PRO CS5 to no lucky since it won't let me select the source for capture.

archaoz

Re: Intensity Pro Black Screen problem

PostFri Sep 14, 2012 10:00 pm

I have the same problem but using analogue instead.

MichaelTucker

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 7:24 am

One issue that you may be having is that the laptop and the card are not synced at the same frequency.
The easiest way to check this is to go into your control panel and click hardware and sound and open the BlackMagic section. From there you are able to select 1080i or 1080p at either 50 or 60hz.
Alex Trotta wrote:Hello all,

I purchased a new computer using i5 3570K, 8Gb, SSD 256Gb and Intel DH77EB, first problem was to find a PCI-e slot to make the card work, in the BIOS the card appears active in every slot i tried but in windows it does not appear in control panel, the only slot it works and install drivers are the 16X one, that way i cant use an video card.

I've made a standard installation with the CD and then later update the driver to 9.6.4, with both setups i wasn't able to capture nothing but a black screen, the mb bios and all windows 7 x64 are updated and all windows updates were made and applied correctly and can't think of anything else to try, please any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Alex

PS: I'm trying to capture via HDMI from a laptop, already tested the HDMI output of the laptop on a monitor with HDMI and it works fine, also i tried to capture with Premier PRO CS5 to no lucky since it won't let me select the source for capture.
From what I understand, laptops work at 60hz or 1080/60. Also read up on the settings in the user support documents.

Mike Squires

PostSat Sep 15, 2012 4:23 pm

1. In bios, see if you can change the speed of the PCI-E slots from 1x to 4x.

2. Regarding the laptop, make sure it is outputting interlaced video (59.97Hz). Or if that fails, set it up for 720p60.

Return to Post Production