Sending audio from Decklink 4K to external audio interface

Do you have questions about Desktop Video, Converters, Routers and Monitoring?
  • Author

Ellory Yu

Sending audio from Decklink 4K to external audio interface

PostTue Sep 17, 2019 9:01 pm

I have Decklink 4K connected to a reference monitor. The audio during playback on Resolve comes off the speaker of the monitor even I have my external audio interface connected to my computer and selected as the default audio device. If I select DeckLink as the audio device, it only sends the audio to the monitor speaker. Is there a way I can send the audio from the Decklink 4K to my computer audio interface so it comes out of the speakers connected to it? If so, how? Thanks.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

tristansummers

Re: Sending audio from Decklink 4K to external audio interfa

PostFri Sep 20, 2019 10:26 am

I think not
I think you could use a mini / micro / teranex converter to extract the audio from the SDI feed and send that to your hardware.
You should be able to configure the audio output seperately to the decklink but it might not be in sync

Ellory Yu

Re: Sending audio from Decklink 4K to external audio interfa

PostFri Sep 20, 2019 2:49 pm

tristansummers wrote:I think not
I think you could use a mini / micro / teranex converter to extract the audio from the SDI feed and send that to your hardware.
You should be able to configure the audio output seperately to the decklink but it might not be in sync

That's what I thought and feared the answer would be. Thanks. So how do post studio send audio out to the speakers connected to their computer? Or do they just take the audio out from the reference monitor (that is connected to the Decklink card) and connect it to an amplifier that the speakers are connected to?
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Return to Post Production