Resolve V16 Bug Report Thread - List bugs here

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Scott Thomas

Resolve V16 Bug Report Thread - List bugs here

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 6:56 am

I would like to try out a new way of listing bugs on the forum due to requests on the DaVinci Resolve Professional Users Facebook Group.

Please copy this list and fill in the details to your post. Only if you have the same bug and the same basic configuration should you comment by confirming in a comment.

I know this won't be perfect as many won't read this message, but let's give it a try. The most common bugs will rise to the top and be seen by BMD.

Use this format:

Bug description:

Software version: v16.0 b1

Operating system: Windows/Mac/Linux/Other

GPU:

External viewer card:
Last edited by Scott Thomas on Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Senior video editor. Freelance London
Host of DaVinci Resolve Users Group on Facebook.

peterjackson

Re: RESOLVE V16 BUG REPORT THREAD - LIST BUGS HERE

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 8:39 am

How many Resolve 16 bugs here, Resolve 17 feature request here threads do we need? Does using all CAPS make your thread more valid to use than the others?

If there would be any interest from BM side, they'd just do sub forums and setup a bug tracker.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

Scott Thomas

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 9:01 am

The idea of capitals was to have a focus point for people to collate all their bugs rather than have them strewn throughout the forum. Sorry if it "bugs" you! I too am surprised BMD don't have a proper system for bug reporting here.
Senior video editor. Freelance London
Host of DaVinci Resolve Users Group on Facebook.

peterjackson

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 9:26 am

There certainly is an internal tracker. I assume they haven't figured a sensible way to expose parts of it or enable collaboration with untrusted external users and then simply decided to leave things as they are for now.

Fair enough, but it doesn't encourage users to report all bugs they actually find and do so in a quality manner. Nothing more disencouraging than taking an hour of your time to report something and watch it trickling down forum pages over the days with no acknowledgment.

It's a missed chance to improve software quality especially when internal testing ressourcs are limited (they always are, everywhere).

Yes, Resolve is very affordable. But part of the price is also to deal with software that hasn't seen very extensive testing. In a way users pay back with their time to test and report issues. All good and fine. BM could just get more back if they wanted and produce better software for everyone.
5950x, 3090, 128GB.

Russ Blaise

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 12:03 pm

I noticed in DR 16 when I pull up the scopes the bottom of the Parade waveform is missing. It does not show 0.
Attachments
Scopes.jpg
Scopes.jpg (133.33 KiB) Viewed 13011 times
M2 Mac Studio Ultra - Resolve Studio.

Tom Early

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 12:55 pm

Russ Blaise wrote:I noticed in DR 16 when I pull up the scopes the bottom of the Parade waveform is missing. It does not show 0.

that's not a bug, you can scroll the display
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 14.4, Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

flyfishdk

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 1:02 pm

Bug description:
MXF file shows "media offline" both in the clip and exported clip. I have tv-program I gonna cut trailer for. The program is exported from Avid In mxf. When I import the file I get 1 frame here and there with the "media offline" both in viewer and in the timeline. when I export I get the same problem. When I have transcoded the file to prores I don't get it.

Software version: v16.0 b1 Studio

Operating system: mac

GPU: Egpu: sonnets egfx550 with RX580 8gb

External viewer card: no-

ayalasband

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 2:07 pm

Is this a known bug, it happened as soon as I updated from 15 to 16. now I cannot see any video in resolve only hear audio.
Attachments
screen%20shot.jpg
screen%20shot.jpg (189.84 KiB) Viewed 12890 times
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 six-core processor, 3.40 GHz, 8 GB ram, radeon rx 580 Graphics card, Windows 10 64bit, 2TB Hard Drive + 240GB Solid State Drive

gilmar

PostFri Apr 12, 2019 2:40 pm

The transform tool is not working as it was in 15. If I take a 4k video into a 1080 timeline to Pan, zoom etc. it flashes at different sizes and shrinks to 1080 size.

Chris Anson

Re: Reasolve V16 Bug Report Thread - List bugs here

PostSat Apr 13, 2019 8:01 pm

Bug description:
When I pull a qualifier and have the magic wand turned on, it turns the entire clips window grey and the selection is odd. Unable to tell what is selected and not selected because it all turns grey.

Software version: v16.0B.017

Operating system: Mac

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 M395X 4 GB

External viewer card: None
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 12.51.57 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 12.51.57 PM.jpg (739.1 KiB) Viewed 12784 times
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 12.51.48 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 12.51.48 PM.jpg (916.86 KiB) Viewed 12784 times

yebomedia

PostSat Apr 13, 2019 11:40 pm

My Bug List so far:
Bug #01:
OFX plugin Mocha Pro will not launch from inside the Fusion menu. The link is inactive. It can be launched from the color tab and this is good for roto and matte work for color specific tasks. Launching Mocha in the standalone Fusion 16 Studio works.
Bug #02:
It appears that one can not edit the gamut view lut inside of the fusion tab. Id like to do this to work in a linear workflow while in fusion correcting vfx textures and other elements. I usually drop a gamut, kill the gamma, do the work then place another gamut before the media out node.
Please enable the edit gamut for the fusion viewers.
Bug #03
The "Grid" node is available in DR 16 beta but not in FS 16 beta. It would be great to have node parody.
Bug #04
Node names in the fusion view and the new FS 16 beta go away too early in the zoom level. Id like to see the names of my nodes while zoomed further out.
Bug #05
Seem to have lost the ability to change the node colors in the fusion page and in FS 16 beta. I realize there is a new color scheme but being able to color the entire nodes for instancing is or was a valuable feature.

Thanks much,
yebo

snorkem

PostTue Apr 16, 2019 4:58 pm

Little bug I've noticed:
Playback in the program monitor is about 15% slower when "selection follows playhead" is checked. Imediatley changes when the option is selected or de-selected. I noticed this with low-res ProRes422 media, so I don't think this should be happening.

Paul Draper

PostTue Apr 16, 2019 10:29 pm

OK, I'll bite. Specifically & only about Fairlight:

Audio input patching is still a dog and fails to work as it should. eg:
- The Fairlight input page rarely shows any inputs available at all (in this case, using an RME UFX+ as Win system IO WDM Devices; inputs and outputs enabled as required & working on other apps).
- Conversely, the ADR /Voiceover setup window does show a few inputs available (puzzlingly, only some) & these can be routed to a mono or stereo track. Returning to the Fairlight input menu: this still shows no inputs as available, but now does show the inputs selected in the VO setup as patched to those tracks. Buggy as hell.

Overall, the IO setup fails to work as it should and is temperamental /inconsistent following re-launch /system re-boot /re-install. Some of this also greatly effects film playback performance in the Cut and Edit pages, that is: after messing about & trying to get audio happening, the whole program may then suffer other performance issues. Drivers?

Good to see all of the new Fairlight plugs, in my experience, these all test and work well so far.

In my view (and reflecting many similar comments elsewhere) - the Fairlight menus for patching, busing, input routing are not only buggy as per DR15, they remain unnecessarily unwieldy and complex. This means by comparison to long standing conventions for audio patching in DAWs. Perhaps BM may want to look far more closely at that in say, Pro Tools, Cubase, Studio One etc. While designed by very different companies, the conventions for IO patching remain remarkably similar & that's how pro studios operate in terms of easily interfacing between various DAWs, much outboard IO and also transferring projects between studios.

On the other hand, one can easily see these conventions being applied and growing in the main Fairlight mixer page. Well done, this is becoming increasingly easier to navigate and not to have to re-learn.
- Would like to see drag and move mixer strips as per other DAWs.
- Buses do not show for automation etc as described as availble via the Index pull down; 'sometimes' they might.

Clearly the Fairlight development is going for that DAW market & is the only NLE to truly do so. Perhaps at some point it will actually make round tripping unnecessary. It would also seem from various user comments that Resolve is being rapidly adopted in recording studio environments. Hopefully this then requires an adoption of those protocols and conventions, and far less so the apparent trend of trying up-skill the film editor (?). That's kind of no man's land and surely a more conventional approach to audio engineering would be a better place to start?

Finally, for God's sake, add ASIO driver support and much of the above will go away. Surely that enormous base of studio installations and a multitude of pro audio hardware will serve BM adoption far better than the oddities of (say) BNC audio IO on Decklink etc etc.

While we're at it: add MIDI tracks, VSTi support and along those lines, the main preference page requires more options than being only able to select a single control surface (HUI or MCU) and requires any number of ports being able to be selected and controlled by other MIDI controllers such as keyboards, surfaces, Ableton Push etc.

Thanks. My 2 cents for now.
MacPro 7,1 16 core, 192GB, MacOS 14.4.1, Vega II Duo. Antelope Pure 2 & Orion 32+, UA Apollo x8. RAID-4 Thunderbay 6, RAID-0 Sonnet M.2 4x4. MiniMon 4k, Dell U3415W & BenQ SW2700PT. Nuendo, Wavelab, Resolve Studio 18.6.6.

oceansailor1

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 12:34 am

I'm not sure if this is a bug or a configuration issue. I have been able to install Resolve 16 with no problem, and it starts up and stays running with no problems. But as soon as I load media on the timeline it will crash every time. Sometimes the bug screen will come up and I make a report, but most times it doesn't come up.

I had no problems with Resolve 15.3 or earlier, and 15 still works just fine. In fact, I installed both 15 and 16 on my computer in different directories today and 15 continues to functions normally, but 16 continues the same behavior and crashes after loading media.

I'm running windows 10 with 16 gigs of ram.

mattwilliams2321

PostWed Apr 17, 2019 11:51 am

Mini Panel Bug with Resolve 16b1.

When on the window page if you press the TOOLS button it takes ages to change the menu display on the panel.

When you press TRACKER it takes ages for the tracker menus to come up on the panel.

Both these were not issues with Resolve 15.

Dave Andrade

Re: Resolve V16 Bug Report Thread - List bugs here

PostThu Jun 06, 2019 4:09 pm

The auto color seems to be an issue with AMD machines. At least I assume so.

I dont use auto color, but...

1. It worked fine in 15 on the same computer.
2. I have a tutorial channel, so I wanted to show the viewers, regardless.
3. The new color match feature askes that you use auto color first.

It's been brought up here too. I did see the new version of the beta was released, and the auto color was fixed when using custom resolution timelines. However, as mentioned, there still seems to be other issues with it.

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=91648&p=510458&hilit=auto+match#p510458

SimplSam

PostThu Jun 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Formatting the bug reports OK, but I don't actually see the point of trying to cram all the bug reports into a single topic (unless I misread your request) -- for the following reasons:

1) It makes the topic subjects less readable / searchable / identifiable
2) We will have no idea of the 'popularity' of each post within this master topic - i.e. reads/replies
3) Have BM said they would prefer it this way? and will behave differently?
4) This whole "DaVinci Resolve 16 BETA" sub-forum is already practically one big database of bugs
5) Of the posts in this topic that have already been made -- I only saw one reply / discussion from anyone (other than responses to the notion of your request)
6) Some topics get very noisy, and if they were all under one roof -- the threads would easily get lost
7) There is no sensible way to follow up on an issue that was raised n posts ago -- if your response comes after a bunch of other 'irrelevant' issues

Just a few thoughts ...
Resolve Studio 18.6 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB

Sam

dustymccord

PostWed Jun 19, 2019 10:59 pm

BUG REPORT:
Name is being incorrectly displayed in the tabs.

Duplicating a timeline and then renaming it will not change the name shown in the tab dropdown on the timeline viewer.

Feature Request:
When you have tabs turned on it would be nice to...
-close all other tabs besides the one a user is in.
-close all tabs to the left of the tab a user is in.
-close all tabs to the right of the tab a user is in.
- to be able to change the dropdown menu in the tab to only show other timelines that are in the same folder.
--- currently if a user has a bung of timelines in their projects this current feature is taxing to use.

dustymccord

PostWed Jun 19, 2019 11:02 pm

Not a bug but a nice to have.

I can toggle the inspector window on with a hot key.
I would like to be able to hit that same hotkey to close the inspector window.

Marco R.

PostThu Jun 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Bug description:

Matching Sound File will not Work

Software version: 16.0.0B.033
Operating system: Windows10pro

sound1.jpg
s1
sound1.jpg (368.68 KiB) Viewed 11932 times

sound1.jpg
s1
sound1.jpg (368.68 KiB) Viewed 11932 times
Attachments
sound2.jpg
s2
sound2.jpg (299.66 KiB) Viewed 11932 times
MSI x570 Ace
AMD Ryzen 9 3950x
32gb G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600
2080ti
970 EVO NVMe M.2 SSD 500gig
Gigabyte AORUS 1tb Gen.4
2x MX500 Raid0
W10P,Studio16.2.2

michael83

PostThu Aug 08, 2019 10:05 pm

This a dumb problem but on 16 beta 7 and 16.1 beta 1, resolve's icon is super small when the software is running on MacOS, makes me uneasy.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 15.59.44.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-08-08 at 15.59.44.jpg (917.21 KiB) Viewed 11688 times

alexracine

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 5:34 pm

Bug description: DaVinci Resolve quit unexpectedly does not work
Software version: v16.1
Operating system: Windows 10 pro
GPU: Nvidia RTX 2070
External viewer card: None

So yeah, the report tool, to report a bug, does not work :(
I write a little description, click "Send" and get :"Unable to connect. Please check your network connectivity and try again."

That's not a very good sign ...

wild cloud

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 6:49 pm

I made an account on this forum just to post this.

This isn't a bug but it's something that really bugs me.

With the Push video transition when selecting left or right, the selections are incorrect. Left will have the object move to the right while right will have the object move to the left.

Again, its not a bug, but its confusing sometimes to have to think back and remember wait whats left and right again? Because im right handed i always know. I thought that it might be because of stage right and stage left, but that couldn't be because the slide video transition literally has the option "right-to-left" and it goes in the opposite direction of the push transition's left option.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (322.08 KiB) Viewed 11158 times

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 5:44 am

Please note that Davinci Resolve 16.1.1 is out with fixes for some common issues:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=101713

michael83

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 4:55 pm

Pretty infuriating problem since the first non beta version of resolve 16.1, and it’s still here on 16.1.1, when connecting a secondary monitor to my 2018 MacBook Pro, and (try) to set dual screens it only shows one of them, or none of them. To fix it I have to disable the secondary screen, put laptop screen as main, reset the software turn on dual display and then change the main monitor to the external one, if I close the program without turning off dual screen and setting laptop as main, when reopen I either get only one screen working or none, have to (blindly) reset settings to only the laptop screen, re open and reset the monitors, its making me extremely angry, had hope that 16.1.1 fixed it, but it didn’t, PLEASE FIX THIS, is not OK and it’s annoying AF. I’m on the latest version of Catalina.

Tom Early

PostThu Oct 31, 2019 5:30 pm

michael83 wrote:when reopen I either get only one screen working or none, have to (blindly) reset settings to only the laptop screen, re open and reset the monitors

When you say 'reset settings', does this involve the Workspace/Reset UI Layout command? If not, try that.
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 14.4, Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

smarlie

PostWed Nov 06, 2019 2:05 pm

keyboard customization

Stop Dynamic Trim (Command K) is not listed.
(put into the key combination in the left column and click Stop Dynamic Trim is not showing up)
so it cannot be removed and assigned for other function.

I also suggested to auto remove / replace the old hotkey which is already assigned when user agree to use it on other function
since it won't be able to function at all when keeping both of them
so there's no point of doing it, only creates more errors / bugs because the user has to find the old one to delete.

jimblue

Monitor calibration bug

PostFri Nov 29, 2019 12:32 pm

Hello,

I’ve notice “Use Mac Display Color Profiles for Viewers“ still does something while a Color Viewer 3D LUT is in use.

It’s not clear what’s happening behind the hood and it seems inaccurate.

Cheers

puciak

PostSun Dec 22, 2019 4:18 pm

When enabling proxy rendering (half or quarter):
- line spacing for text doesn't change
- zoom value doesn't switch in viewer or rather viewer doesn't refresh itself after change
- I think if it is even half or quarter resolution, for 100% I should see whole frame but scaled from 25% or 50% accordingly

Another bug, when using fades for audio clips, when transition is applied between clips, fades no longer work (they are visible but clip plays at 100% volume).

tinmanjuggernaut

PostWed Jan 01, 2020 6:51 am

Bug description:

1. Cross fading my title clips often says "Add Transitions. Some clips selected have insufficient handles to apply the transition.... Trim, Skip". I'm using Text+.

Trim cuts out large swatches of my timeline, including other clips. It should only affect the one clip.

However, Title clips should never bring up this dialog. All generated clips have infinite handles in both directions.

Even if I bite, and cancel, then manually trim both clips, slap them next to each other and try to add a cross fade it still reports the same message, even though I've just provided more handles. Slipping the clip in/out points should do the same thing, but still produces the message.

This clip even had a cross fade on it before I adjusted it and now it won't go back without this message, with its highly destructive option.

2. Resolve crashes too often. Once is too often, but on my current, first project (30 min, editing 1080p h264 from OBS) it's crashed 6-10 times in the last few days. I'm not heavily taxing my system with 5k footage, thousands of clips, and complex fusion comps. Premiere CS6 in contrast is very stable. Fortunately Resolve has saved my project every time.

3. When click/dragging on the timeline, or click/dragging on a value field in the inspector, the velocity scale is too exponential. Small mouse movements change the value or move the indicator as expected. If I move the mouse too much, the value suddenly changes very rapidly. The difference is far too small and unless I'm very careful, whatever I'm adjusting is suddenly way off screen.

4. I don't see anyway to set the color temperature of a clip. Apparently if I press 'C' or use the auto whitebalance it sets the tint and temp of the clip. However there's no where I can find to see or manually change this setting, or to reset it, other than to reset all color attributes.

5. We need functions to move the timeline up/down by pages so I can map the keys (say pageup/pagedown). Also a viewer button to toggle Title Safe markers would be nice, though keymapping say Tab is a useful workaround.

Software version: v16.1.2.026
Operating system: Windows 10/64
GPU: GTX 1060
Specs: i7-8750h, 16GB ram (55% used), 2TB nvme SSD
External viewer card:

Stephan Resolve

PostWed Jan 01, 2020 1:25 pm

Bug description: Creating Metadata Presets seems buggy.
After creating a preset, it's not possible to edit it after saving.

To able to change Metadata Presets (in Preferences -> User -> Metadata) you first have to create a new preset, delete this new preset and then you are able to edit your old Metadata Preset again.

Also it is confusing that you have to click a small save button, instead of the big one with red markings for metadata presets to be saved. Clicking the big marked save button won't save your changes.

I made a video showing this behavior (if you understood it via text, there is no real need to watch it)

Operating system: Windows 10

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

RandyOK

PostFri Jan 17, 2020 6:19 pm

Fusion Title -Text+ issue.
I was going through the Ripple Training Lesson 11 where the instructor has you apply the Fusion Title Text+ effect to use the Circle Layout to wrap text in a circle around an old Texaco sign. Every time I try to move the Text on a circle vertically...the text will disappear or the timeline viewer flashes black or goes black completely and sometimes crashes Resolve. The X and Y position controls are buggy for sure. at least on the Fusion Title- Text+ effect.
DaVinci Resolve STUDIO 18.5.3
Puget Systems
Windows 10 Pro OS
i9 9940X CPU
Dual RTX 2080Ti GPUs
64GB RAM

Jimmy Keegan

PostTue Jan 28, 2020 3:45 pm

Bug description:
This bug is related to EDITING TEXT COLOR. I go to Toolbox-->Titles-->Text and drag the Text effect to a video track. I add a line of text (in my case it happens to be the color white), then select one word and choose a different color for that single word in the line of text (lets say a blue). Now when I try to save my project it will not save the project at all. The system seems to be stuck in some state that doesn't allow me to save any longer. I can move around the app still but it won't save anything from this point forward and I cannot hit Command + Z to undo. I can only close the application, then it asks me if I want to save and I choose to Save, but still it does not save. I can only choose to close without saving.

However... If I select that portion of text again and go back back into the color picker and simply click the OK button without even changing anything then it allows me to save my project and the software is fine again. I came across this issue editing a fairly lengthy video where I go through a number of tips and each are numbered. I decided I wanted the numbers to be a different color than I had originally entered in and when going back to try and change the colors it let me change all 31 items on the list, but when I went to save, it wouldn't save. I experimented and narrowed down where the problem was exactly and figured out this workaround of selecting the text, opening the color picker, choosing my color, clicking OK, then going back into the color picker and clicking OK again, then I could save.

Operating system: Mac OS Mojave (10.14.6)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

andrew_dotdot

PostFri Jan 31, 2020 9:16 am

Jumps between timelines in Deliver tab...

Say I have five timelines, each a slightly different length in my project. In the Deliver tab, If I use the timeline dropdown above the preview monitor to switch between timelines, I see the correct timeline come up at the bottom of the screen -- however -- if I adjust the Out Point above the timeline, it immediately jumps back to the previous timeline I had open in the Deliver screen.
Andrew Hart - Stockholm, Sweden

Resolve Studio 18.5
Mac M1 Pro on MacOS 13.4.1

tom_73

Stabilizing a portrait oriented clip results in a cropped vi

PostSat Feb 01, 2020 4:59 am

Bug description:
Stabilizing a portrait oriented clip results in a cropped video.
Rf to https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=90169 for details.

GPU: NVS5400M

External viewer card: no

Fairly

V16.1.2.026 Can't Save after changing font color

PostWed Mar 04, 2020 3:23 pm

After changing the font color of selected text within a text box, I am unable to save and have to exit from Resolve 16 in order to re-enable the ability to save. I've repeated this many times and sure enough, right after changing the font color, I'm unable to save the project. I've attached the log leading up to that point below.
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20200304-071029.zip
(231.47 KiB) Downloaded 79 times

Fairly

PostWed Mar 04, 2020 3:27 pm

Jimmy Keegan wrote:Bug description:
This bug is related to EDITING TEXT COLOR. I go to Toolbox-->Titles-->Text and drag the Text effect to a video track. I add a line of text (in my case it happens to be the color white), then select one word and choose a different color for that single word in the line of text (lets say a blue). Now when I try to save my project it will not save the project at all. The system seems to be stuck in some state that doesn't allow me to save any longer. I can move around the app still but it won't save anything from this point forward and I cannot hit Command + Z to undo. I can only close the application, then it asks me if I want to save and I choose to Save, but still it does not save. I can only choose to close without saving.

However... If I select that portion of text again and go back back into the color picker and simply click the OK button without even changing anything then it allows me to save my project and the software is fine again. I came across this issue editing a fairly lengthy video where I go through a number of tips and each are numbered. I decided I wanted the numbers to be a different color than I had originally entered in and when going back to try and change the colors it let me change all 31 items on the list, but when I went to save, it wouldn't save. I experimented and narrowed down where the problem was exactly and figured out this workaround of selecting the text, opening the color picker, choosing my color, clicking OK, then going back into the color picker and clicking OK again, then I could save.

Operating system: Mac OS Mojave (10.14.6)

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 2GB

I have the exact same problem when color changing a selected portion of text on a very simple timeline for a short 4K video.

karlincolorado

Re: Stabilizing a portrait oriented clip results in a croppe

PostThu Mar 05, 2020 5:13 pm

tom_73 wrote:Bug description:
Stabilizing a portrait oriented clip results in a cropped video.
Rf to viewtopic.php?f=32&t=90169 for details.

GPU: NVS5400M

External viewer card: no

I have same problem and will add that 1080x1080 projects (for Instagram) exhibit the same problem.
Mac OS 10.14.6 | Z390 Designare | Intel Core I9 9900K | 64GB | Radeon VII

John Griffin

PostSat Mar 07, 2020 1:23 pm

ACES input transform pulldown list won't scroll under 16.2 - it runs off the bottom of the screen and I can't access the lower profiles
Software 16.2
OS - windows 10x64 Pro
GPU - 1650
eGPU - 1080ti

Mike@RedC

Re: V16.1.2.026 Can't Save after changing font color

PostMon Mar 09, 2020 5:25 am

Fairly wrote:After changing the font color of selected text within a text box, I am unable to save and have to exit from Resolve 16 in order to re-enable the ability to save. I've repeated this many times and sure enough, right after changing the font color, I'm unable to save the project. I've attached the log leading up to that point below.

I am experiencing this exact same bug. Please fix :cry:

TomMason

PostWed Mar 11, 2020 5:33 pm

Fairly wrote:After changing the font color of selected text within a text box, I am unable to save and have to exit from Resolve 16 in order to re-enable the ability to save. I've repeated this many times and sure enough, right after changing the font color, I'm unable to save the project. I've attached the log leading up to that point below.

Same here. Can't even "Save as...l"
Windows 10 v20H2-19042.630
Intel i9-9900k
Gigabyte Designare MB
64GB DDR4 3400
EVGA 1080TI - EVGA 1070SC2
NVIDIA 461.72
DR Studio 17.1.1

xunile

PostWed Mar 11, 2020 6:01 pm

TomMason wrote:

Have you upgraded to Resolve 16.2, the bug is fixed at least on my system, I would give it a try.
Win 10 Home | Intel i7 - 10700f 64 GB 1 TB GB SSD 2 TB SSD
RTX-3060 12 GB | Resolve Studio 18.6.6| Fusion Studio 18.6.6

Win 10 Home | Intel Core I7-7700HQ 32 GB 1 TB NVME SSD 1 TB SATA SSD
GTX-1060-6GB | Resolve 17.4.6

kometose

PostWed Mar 11, 2020 6:05 pm

xunile wrote:
TomMason wrote:

Have you upgraded to Resolve 16.2, the bug is fixed at least on my system, I would give it a try.

I've upgraded to 16.2 and having this same problem. I can't save or save as...! I'm losing hours of work today over this...

Edithack

PostWed Mar 11, 2020 6:22 pm

Having issues with audio.

Export seems to have the audio, but if I upload it to youtube, the audio on sections are completely gone. Music remains but all other audio is gone. I re-exported it in .mp4 and .mov and re-uploaded to youtube and it gave me the same exact issues. It's not YouTube. It's resolve.

edit: I figured out a solution. If you were having issues where maybe only 1 track would play on your video (like just music or just dialogue) after uploading to YouTube, I found the answer (for me at least). Make sure your audio 'Output Track 1' is set to "Main 1 (stereo)". I had it set to All Timeline Tracks and it was giving me issues. I think YouTube, after converting the file, only grabs the top or bottom audio track and uses that. To bypass that, I used Main 1 (Stereo) setting and all tracks work. Thankfully!

Was originally going to revert to 16.1 but am going to stick with 16.2 now. Cheers

Will Howard

PostThu Mar 12, 2020 7:39 am

Edithack wrote:Having issues with audio.

Export seems to have the audio, but if I upload it to youtube, the audio on sections are completely gone. Music remains but all other audio is gone. I re-exported it in .mp4 and .mov and re-uploaded to youtube and it gave me the same exact issues. It's not YouTube. It's resolve.

edit: I figured out a solution. If you were having issues where maybe only 1 track would play on your video (like just music or just dialogue) after uploading to YouTube, I found the answer (for me at least). Make sure your audio 'Output Track 1' is set to "Main 1 (stereo)". I had it set to All Timeline Tracks and it was giving me issues. I think YouTube, after converting the file, only grabs the top or bottom audio track and uses that. To bypass that, I used Main 1 (Stereo) setting and all tracks work. Thankfully!

Was originally going to revert to 16.1 but am going to stick with 16.2 now. Cheers

FYI that's not a bug, that's correct operation.

Ara Thomassian

PostThu Mar 12, 2020 7:08 pm

Just upgraded to the newest version. 16.2

In the Vectorscope scope settings, if you hit "magnify 2x" you lose 80% of the graticule. This wasn't the case in previous versions. it would ONLY magnify the signal. Now i'm losing a ton of the actualy graticule.

Please fix this ASAP. Thanks guys!

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Mar 13, 2020 2:13 am

Ara,
In the About DaVinci Resolve dialog, if it says build 054, please redownload the installer from Blackmagic Design for build 055

Lucas D.

PostSun Mar 15, 2020 12:31 am

Having issues with Fusion in Resolve. Shift+A function.

Draw poly select 1 point and press Shift+A
It should select all the points , but it doesn't.
It was broken in previous version too.
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro x64
Version 22H2
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X 8cores @ 3.6 GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 3080ti
48.0 GB of RAM
Resolve Studio v19 Beta1

TliasPing

PostSat Mar 21, 2020 1:00 am

Same files name with different image won't replace the clips, pls fix

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 4:45 am

TliasPing wrote:Same files name with different image won't replace the clips, pls fix

if you have the same path, and change one clip for another but both have the same name and extension, resolve doesnt know or care that you have a difference image in that clip.. so i think we need more info about your issue.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager
Next

Return to DaVinci Resolve