Help! Resolve 16 used to work, no longer opens.

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Mirmont

Help! Resolve 16 used to work, no longer opens.

PostThu May 09, 2019 11:43 pm

Hi,

I have been editing a project in Resolve 16 with no issues, until today I deleted the render cache folder that was on my C:\ drive and moved it over to my internal RAID.

After that, Resolve crashed, and now when I click the Resolve icon in Windows 10 it won’t open. It doesn’t show up in the task manager, and the Resolve logo doesn’t appear, either.

It just thinks for a moment, then nothing.

I did not backup my most current project file, and it is due in a few days.. Is there any way I can get it back, or access the project file to finish it on another computer? Below are my specs:

Windows 10 pro 64bit
Intel iCore 7 4.2GHz
64GB Ram
Nvidia GeForce 1070. I updated my drivers today after it wasn’t working and I realized mine were about two months old.

Any super-speedy help would be really appreciated.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: HELP! Resolve 16 used to work, no longer opens.

PostFri May 10, 2019 1:30 am

There is info here on how to grab and post a link to a diagnostic log even if Resolve wont open.

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190

It might also help if you can look in your disk database folder to see if your project is there. Do you have auto save on? Do you have a version from yesterday etc.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

Mirmont

PostFri May 10, 2019 1:48 am

Peter Chamberlain wrote:There is info here on how to grab and post a link to a diagnostic log even if Resolve wont open.

It might also help if you can look in your disk database folder to see if your project is there. Do you have auto save on? Do you have a version from yesterday etc.

Hi Pete, thank you for your response. I went to the log and this is what came up:

@ECHO OFF

REM #########################################
REM FILES to be archived
SET DAVINCI_LOG=Support\logs
SET DAVINCI_CRASHTXT=Support\crash_archive.txt
SET DAVINCI_PREFERENCES=Preferences

REM Get DateTime string to ensure log files are uniq
for /f "tokens=1,2,3,4 delims=/ " %%a in ("%date%") do set wday=%%a&set month=%%b&set day=%%c&set year=%%d
for /f "tokens=1,2,3,4 delims=:." %%a in ("%time%") do set hh=%%a&set mm=%%b&set ss=%%c&set mil=%%d
SET LOGZIP_FILE=DaVinci-Resolve-logs-%year%%month%%day%_%hh%%mm%%ss%.zip
SET LOGZIP_FULLPATH=%userprofile%\Desktop\%LOGZIP_FILE%
REM zip.exe must be in the same level as this script
SET ZIPEXEPATH=%~dp0

pushd "%APPDATA%\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve"
"%ZIPEXEPATH%\zip.exe" "%LOGZIP_FULLPATH%" -r "%DAVINCI_LOG%" -r "%DAVINCI_PREFERENCES%" "%DAVINCI_CRASHTXT%"
popd

REM popup message
SET POPUPMSG="%LOGZIP_FILE% has been saved to the Desktop."
> "%TEMP%\usermessage.vbs" ECHO Set wshShell = CreateObject( "WScript.Shell" )
>> "%TEMP%\usermessage.vbs" ECHO dim wshMessage: wshMessage = WScript.Arguments.UnNamed(0)
>> "%TEMP%\usermessage.vbs" ECHO wshShell.Popup wshMessage, 10, "DaVinci Resolve", 64
WSCRIPT.EXE "%TEMP%\usermessage.vbs" %POPUPMSG%
DEL "%TEMP%\usermessage.vbs"

I looked in the database folder, and all of my project files are in there.
I actually uninstalled 16 and reinstalled 15, and 15 opened just fine, but I could not pull in my project files as it said they were incompatible.

So, it's at least good to know that my project files are there...but not being able to open Resolve 16 is the problem now...

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri May 10, 2019 6:52 am

Hi, we need the whole file generated by the DaVinci capture logs process, not a OS log. So you need to put a link to it here, with a space in the path so the forum does not see it as a link.

the half log data you provided is not close to what we need.

Good to see the projects are there, but next challenge is to open them.

YukkiVisuals

PostFri May 10, 2019 8:03 am

Hi,

I have been having the same issue! My resolve crashed yesterday and when I tried to access it again... nothing. The app jumps up and down like once down in the dock and I get an error message saying that DaVinci had quit unexpectedly. I have uninstalled and installed multiple times and different versions of it as well. I have a dongle and even with that I can't access resolve.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hadware:

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.7 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 16 GB
Boot ROM Version: 182.0.0.0.0
SMC Version (system): 2.28f7
Serial Number (system): C02R3278FVH6
Hardware UUID: B3385683-88D9-5A80-A64B-F325CFCB62B2

LOGS:

[0x1222ef5c0] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-05-09 15:45:38,045 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0x1222ef5c0] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-05-09 15:45:38,045 | Loaded log config from /Library/Preferences/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/log-conf.xml
[0x1222ef5c0] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-05-09 15:45:38,045 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0x1222ef5c0] | Main | INFO | 2019-05-09 15:45:38,046 | Running DaVinci Resolve Studio v15.0.0b.065 (macOS/Clang)
[0x123b315c0] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-05-09 15:47:50,735 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0x123b315c0] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-05-09 15:47:50,736 | Loaded log config from /Library/Preferences/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve/log-conf.xml
[0x123b315c0] | Undefined | INFO | 2019-05-09 15:47:50,736 | --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[0x123b315c0] | Main | INFO | 2019-05-09 15:47:50,736 | Running DaVinci Resolve Studio v15.0.0b.065 (macOS/Clang)

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostFri May 10, 2019 8:50 am

Guys,
see here for how to generate the only logs we can review.
a big file is made. you need to put that on dropbox and post a link to it here.

Jeff-free174

PostFri May 10, 2019 9:30 am

Hi
I know it sound a bit simplistic, but have you tried to reinstating the files you moved?.
even if it doesnt actually fix the problem, it might, just might get you going again with your project.
Good Luck

Mirmont

PostFri May 10, 2019 2:34 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:Hi, we need the whole file generated by the DaVinci capture logs process, not a OS log. So you need to put a link to it here, with a space in the path so the forum does not see it as a link.

the half log data you provided is not close to what we need.

Good to see the projects are there, but next challenge is to open them.

Here is the generated file via Google Drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1i61_r ... KUqwC_TLX2

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri May 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Please install Resolve 16 beta 2.

If that doesn't change anything, please send another log from that.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Mirmont

PostSat May 11, 2019 12:00 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Please install Resolve 16 beta 2.

If that doesn't change anything, please send another log from that.

I installed Beta 2 but still nothing. Here is a link to the updated crash log:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nARB4 ... XhsGQd8ibK

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSat May 11, 2019 12:46 am

Below is a process to do a clean Resolve on Windows install.

I realize you don't have project or database backups, but that data will be in the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder that you MUST make sure you have a copy of, as stressed in the process.

Hopefully this process solves the issue, Assuming it does, once it's working again, exit Resolve and copy the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\Resolve Disk Database folder from your backup copy, into the current location. That will restore your project data.

Clean Install Process follows:

Clean Windows Install

First, if you have existing project data you care about, backup your Resolve Disk database(s) using the Resolve Project Manager page, in the Database section, using the icon at the top with the up arrow, which if you hover over it, will say Backup.

Then make a copy of the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder, and put it in a safe place. Very important. Don't skip this step!

Next, we'll do a normal Resolve app uninstall. In Windows Control Panel - Programs and Features - Right click DaVinci Resolve and select uninstall.

Next, in Windows File Explorer, delete the C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder, if it still happens to be there. Normally it should not be there. The uninstall should remove this folder, but in some instances may not.

Next, in Windows File Explorer, delete the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder. Make sure it's backed up first, as mentioned above.

Now Resolve should be completely removed from your system.

Install the desired Resolve version. When you first launch it after the install, it should offer to show you the onboarding video, showing new features. You can watch this or skip it. Then it will offer to do the Quick Setup. You should go through this quick setup process. Then it should launch Resolve.

If you did a Disk database backup, you can now Restore that backup, using the icon on the Project Manager Database area with the down arrow. If you hover over it, it should say Restore.
Dwaine Maggart

Mirmont

PostSat May 11, 2019 3:09 am

Did everything you suggested, installed 16.2, but same problem persists.

Here is the new log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZrWX9 ... nzt0cInLJp

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSat May 11, 2019 3:35 am

It appears you did NOT remove the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder after uninstalling.

Uninstall again, and delete the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve, or better yet, just rename it. Even so, make sure you also have a copy of it.

But you've got the make the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder go away before you reinstall.

When this folder is removed, and you reinstall Resolve, on the first launch, you should get the Resolve onboarding video. If you don't get that, you didn't delete the folder.
Dwaine Maggart

Mirmont

PostSat May 11, 2019 4:50 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:It appears you did NOT remove the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder after uninstalling.

Uninstall again, and delete the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve, or better yet, just rename it. Even so, make sure you also have a copy of it.

But you've got the make the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder go away before you reinstall.

When this folder is removed, and you reinstall Resolve, on the first launch, you should get the Resolve onboarding video. If you don't get that, you didn't delete the folder.

I deleted the folder, re-installed, same issue. So I uninstalled and went through the process again, and this time just changed the folder name as you suggested. Still does not launch. Attached is the new log file: https://drive.google.com/open?id=13DPbt ... ADjaWeh8I7

If this log is telling you that I have not deleted that folder, then there must be a duplicate somewhere else as well...because I am certainly deleting / renaming it.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSat May 11, 2019 5:02 am

Sigh. Yes, with Resolve 16, the folder in question IS in a different location.

The folder we need to make go away is here:

C:\Users\Dwaine\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

In place of Dwaine, use your Windows login name.

You can just rename the DaVinci Resolve folder to something like DaVinci Resolve.old, but it's still a good idea to also make a copy of it. Your project data MAY be here. Or, it MAY be in the original DaVinci Resolve folder we've been messing with. If you WERE using Resolve 15, then when you update to Resolve 16, the default Disk database continues to be used. If Resolve 16 is the first version you've installed, then the Disk database will be in THIS DaVinci Resolve folder we are messing with. Since I'm not sure what your scenario is, I'm not sure where your project data will be. But as long as you have a copy of BOTH the DaVinci Resolve folders, we'll have the project data somewhere.

So repeat the whole uninstall process again, make the DaVinci Resolve folder in both these locations go away, and reinstall.
Dwaine Maggart

Mirmont

PostSat May 11, 2019 5:16 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Sigh. Yes, with Resolve 16, the folder in question IS in a different location.

The folder we need to make go away is here:

C:\Users\Dwaine\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

In place of Dwaine, use your Windows login name.

You can just rename the DaVinci Resolve folder to something like DaVinci Resolve.old, but it's still a good idea to also make a copy of it. Your project data MAY be here. Or, it MAY be in the original DaVinci Resolve folder we've been messing with. If you WERE using Resolve 15, then when you update to Resolve 16, the default Disk database continues to be used. If Resolve 16 is the first version you've installed, then the Disk database will be in THIS DaVinci Resolve folder we are messing with. Since I'm not sure what your scenario is, I'm not sure where your project data will be. But as long as you have a copy of BOTH the DaVinci Resolve folders, we'll have the project data somewhere.

So repeat the whole uninstall process again, make the DaVinci Resolve folder in both these locations go away, and reinstall.

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It works! That was the trick....thank you for your help and not giving up! :)

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostSat May 11, 2019 5:20 am

And you were able to get your project data back OK?
Dwaine Maggart

Duke Sweden

PostSat May 11, 2019 9:39 am

For what it's worth, this happens to me too, when an attempt to render at h265 fails. Resolve closes, then will not open again, but a reboot fixes the problem for me. Just to add to the "knowledge base" :shock:

Mirmont

PostSat May 11, 2019 2:29 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:And you were able to get your project data back OK?

Yes, I simply copied the database folder which was in the C:\programdata to the new resolve 16 directory which was in the C:\users folders.

Works again.

mmarshall91

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 10:17 am

I am having exactly the same issue but on Mac, specifically:

MacBook Pro (retina, 130inch, Early 2015)
2.7GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5
8GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

I'm trying to use version 16.1.2 but all versions of 16 won't open and crash on start-up.

I've tried the steps above, doing a clean install, but the same issue persists.

Resolve 15 runs fine but the project I need to deliver is a 16 timeline so cannot access it.

Crash logs are below

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 7:23 am

Your config.dat file is corrupt. The config.dat.bak file looks OK.

Copy the config.dat.bak file over the config.dat file.

The files should be in /Users/matthewmarshall/Library/Application Support/Preferences/Blackmagic Design/DaVinci Resolve
Dwaine Maggart

AlyssonAO

PostSat Feb 15, 2020 1:11 pm

Hi everyone, need help here too.

I did everything mentioned above, but still couldn't get it fixed.

Here is my log, attached, if anyone could help me, please!!!
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-022020_100434,89.zip
Log File
(24.07 KiB) Downloaded 364 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Feb 18, 2020 9:59 pm

In the case of Windows, we also need a Windows System Information .NFO file.

Open Windows System Information, and do a File - Save to generate the .NFO file.
Dwaine Maggart

sukes57

PostThu Apr 16, 2020 11:14 am

I've been using Davinci Resolve 16.2 and all was fine... then my hard disk got too full and Davinci crashed. So yesterday I did a big clearout and made space...

But Davinci won't restart. I've de-installed it (twice). I've removed the Davinci folders from the Library folder both (application support) and from preferences and then reinstalled software. Re-started many times. And now I've run out of ideas!! Help please.

(As ever in a big project for my MSc dissertation which is almost complete... due in at end of April and was going well until this happened).

I've put the error message in a Google doc which you can access with this link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1qgw ... sp=sharing

Many thanks!!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Apr 16, 2020 6:06 pm

You apparently haven't read the support FAQ or looked at any of the other posts in this long thread.

We need the following to assist you:

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.
Dwaine Maggart

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 3:08 am

The Mac equivalent for capturing logs and getting an SPX file

sukes57

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 12:00 pm

Thank you for the links for finding a .spx file and capture logs. But not working on Mac OS (10.15) catalina. System info does not generate a spx file but I've taken a photo of what seems essential and put it in the google doc: https: //docs.google.com/ document/d/198MZ8xAQPyIZfjcVUUci__KGXpVzRas0Rt2mkYMgFGU/edit?usp=sharing

(two spaces added)

Also capture log says it does not have permission. Can get console to work but not sure what to copy. Sorry.

sukes57

PostFri Apr 17, 2020 4:06 pm

I've SOLVED IT!
I downloaded Davinci Resolve 16 from the Mac App store. I haven't managed to work out how to upgrade this to the Studio version but I'm so delighted that I've managed to get it working and managed to import my old projects. What a relief!!

I'm sorry I couldn't get capture logs to work or generate an spx file. Neither seemed to work on this mac, and I can't find that spx option either on another machine running 10.12 either.

sergicass

PostSat May 02, 2020 4:30 pm

Same problem here. The program used to work just fine but it stopped working and now it won't open anymore. It doesn't appear in the task manager, I tried updating the card drivers and I also tried reinstaling it and even with a clean reinstall but it still won't open.

Here is a link to the crashlog and the .NFO files:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dE3Krh ... sp=sharing

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue May 05, 2020 9:45 pm

Your link is asking for permission. Please make it an open link.
Dwaine Maggart

sergicass

PostFri May 08, 2020 4:19 pm

Sorry, I hadn't noticed. Here is the open link:

sergicass

PostSun May 17, 2020 4:08 pm

Hello, I still haven't found a solution to why resolve won't open, I tried reinstalling Windows and reinstalling older versions of resolve and nothing seems to work. Resolve shows up briefly in the task manager and then gets suspended, and I have no clue what to do, any help would be very appreciated.

Here is the folder that contains the .NFO and the capturelogs:

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon May 18, 2020 5:22 pm

The Resolve config files are corrupt, so Resolve can't launch.

We need to do a clean Resolve install, with the following process:

Uninstall Resolve using Windows Control Panel - Programs and Features.

Also uninstall any other Resolve related apps, such as Resolve Keyboard, Resolve Panels and Fairlight apps.

Don't uninstall PostgreSQL 9.5.

For the next steps, you need to make sure you can see hidden files/folders in File Explorer. You can Google for how to do that, if it's not already in that mode, and you are not sure how to enable that.

Rename folder C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve to C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve.bak

Rename folder C:\Users\sergi\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve to C:\Users\sergi\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve.bak

Now reinstall Resolve. Don't install any Fairlight related items.

Launch Resolve. What you should see if the onboarding video. Watch or skip that and do the Quick Setup.

Now does Resolve run? If not, send another Resolve log and Windows System Info .NFO file.
Dwaine Maggart

sergicass

PostTue May 19, 2020 6:14 pm

IT WORKED! Thank you so much for helping me out

fleetaj

PostFri May 22, 2020 10:41 am

I have the Resolve project folder backed-up. Can your provide the below info for a clean Mac re-install?
TIA

Clean Windows Install

First, if you have existing project data you care about, backup your Resolve Disk database(s) using the Resolve Project Manager page, in the Database section, using the icon at the top with the up arrow, which if you hover over it, will say Backup.

Then make a copy of the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder, and put it in a safe place. Very important. Don't skip this step!

Next, we'll do a normal Resolve app uninstall. In Windows Control Panel - Programs and Features - Right click DaVinci Resolve and select uninstall.

Next, in Windows File Explorer, delete the C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder, if it still happens to be there. Normally it should not be there. The uninstall should remove this folder, but in some instances may not.

Next, in Windows File Explorer, delete the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder. Make sure it's backed up first, as mentioned above.

Now Resolve should be completely removed from your system.

Install the desired Resolve version. When you first launch it after the install, it should offer to show you the onboarding video, showing new features. You can watch this or skip it. Then it will offer to do the Quick Setup. You should go through this quick setup process. Then it should launch Resolve.

If you did a Disk database backup, you can now Restore that backup, using the icon on the Project Manager Database area with the down arrow. If you hover over it, it should say Restore.[/quote]

fleetaj

PostFri May 22, 2020 10:58 am

Worked for me too! THe Clean install and restore DB Projects.

Am on Mojave OSX using v12.5.6

~Thanks! :D

bakon333

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 12:44 am

I was working on this project for client. It was a ton of work so I decided to just save a copy of this project. When I did that, Davinci Resolve 16 (latest version) crashed. When I tried to go back, I could see it in the task manager but it doesn't run. I end the task and rerun and still no go. What I've done:

1. Rebooted
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled.
3. Backed up those two locations ProgramData and AppData
4. Disabled everything on startup
5. On "clean" install, the "Tour" shows up but Resolve still doesn't open.

I'm panicking a bit since I need to show them something soon. Last time I had a problem like this with Davinci, I had to reinstall windows. That's not really an option here...

Log & NFO
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tR7YQR ... sp=sharing

Please help!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 6:11 pm

Your link requires access permission. Please make it an open link.
Dwaine Maggart

bakon333

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 6:24 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Your link requires access permission. Please make it an open link.

My apologies. Should be working now.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 6:39 pm

You appear to have Hyper-V running. People have reported Resolve issues with Hyper-V. Stop that, and see if Resolve will launch then.

If not, please send another log and NFO file.
Dwaine Maggart

bakon333

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 8:25 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:You appear to have Hyper-V running. People have reported Resolve issues with Hyper-V. Stop that, and see if Resolve will launch then.

If not, please send another log and NFO file.

According to Windows, Hyper V was already off. Screenshot included.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qaYC0e ... sp=sharing

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 10:23 pm

The txt file you sent is not helpful. Need the .NFO file.

Your last NFO file showed this:

A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.
Dwaine Maggart

bakon333

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 10:37 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:The txt file you sent is not helpful. Need the .NFO file.

Your last NFO file showed this:

A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.

Thanks, Dwaine. I've turned it off in the BIOS. It was on this entire time and Davinci seemed to have worked fine for months...
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_HYZiq ... sp=sharing

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 11:35 pm

Can you send an updated Resolve log now that Hyper-V is not running?
Dwaine Maggart

bakon333

PostWed Jul 08, 2020 11:43 pm

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Can you send an updated Resolve log now that Hyper-V is not running?

The previous log was the log without it running. I accidentally exported a text file instead of an NFO file.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jul 09, 2020 1:08 am

OK, it appears you had 16.2.3 installed yesterday, but have 16.2.1 installed now. There are no recent Resolve crashes for this version in the NFO system errors log.

How is it your system has a GTX 970M and a GTX 1070? Do you have some sort of eGPU chassis connected? If so, what happens if you remove that?
Dwaine Maggart

bakon333

PostThu Jul 09, 2020 1:13 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:OK, it appears you had 16.2.3 installed yesterday, but have 16.2.1 installed now. There are no recent Resolve crashes for this version in the NFO system errors log.

How is it your system has a GTX 970M and a GTX 1070? Do you have some sort of eGPU chassis connected? If so, what happens if you remove that?

Yeah, I was trying out different versions, but the same results. I deleted the 3 directories each time. Could it be something in the registry?

The 1070 is the eGPU but I've tried disabling both video cards and left the Intel one. I also uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled them. I've also tried to use the laptop without the eGPU. Resolve still doesn't load.

Again, all I did was try to make a copy of the project by saving it with another name. That's when it crashed and I was never able to get back in.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jul 09, 2020 1:19 am

As a baseline, install 16.2.3. Disconnect the eGPU. Don't disable the 970M. In fact, make that the primary graphics device, if that's an option in the BIOS setup. We DON"T want the Intel GPU involved, if we can avoid it.

After all that, if Resolve won't launch, send a new log and NFO file.
Dwaine Maggart

bakon333

PostThu Jul 09, 2020 2:00 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:As a baseline, install 16.2.3. Disconnect the eGPU. Don't disable the 970M. In fact, make that the primary graphics device, if that's an option in the BIOS setup. We DON"T want the Intel GPU involved, if we can avoid it.

After all that, if Resolve won't launch, send a new log and NFO file.

Disabling the Intel video card did the trick. Also, I was able to update the Intel drivers to keep the video card enabled (facepalm). DP 1.2 doesn't seem to work properly without the Intel card.

Anyway, back in business! Thank you, Dwaine!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jul 09, 2020 3:49 am

Thanks for the update.

It LOOKED like an Intel GPU issue, but normally when it is, there are Intel OpenCL related messages in the error log. I guess those messages don't happen every time.
Dwaine Maggart
Next

Return to DaVinci Resolve