Color page -shot match

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

mediah

Color page -shot match

PostMon May 20, 2019 4:01 pm

The SHOT MATCH option on the color page causes Resolve to crash suddenly. I also have this problem with using the Auto grade function using an AMD RADEON VII (Opencl) on footage from the BMPCC4K Prores 422 HQ

Hulihullut Productions

Re: COLOR PAGE--> SHOT MATCH

PostMon May 20, 2019 6:03 pm

I had the same problem, but using proxy mode solved it for me :idea:

Philipp Glaninger

Re: Color page -shot match

PostTue May 21, 2019 3:11 pm

might be indeed an issues with ATI and opencl since I do not have that issue with Nvidia 1070Ti in Resolve 15 or 16 Beta (using HD and 4k ProRes).

hmmm.... Maybe the new AI Technology has something to do with it? What about the new Time Warping or new Scaling thats based on AI? Is that working for you? If not there might be some connection?
Resolve Studio 18.x / i7 6700k / Windows 10 (64GB Ram) / GeForce GTX 1080TI 11GB / Tangent Wave Tablet / 3 Monitors + 1 Reference Monitor (by Intensity Pro)

Dave Andrade

PostSun Jun 02, 2019 1:40 am

I also had this issue, and I also have AMD.

I will, however, try the "proxy" mode mentioned by another person here, and see if that works.

My reasoning for that is that I HAVE had success before. So my assumption is that when I was able to get it to work, it was because I had proxies, or had it in proxy mode.

If I come up with that solution, I will post here again. If someone else tests that out, and has success, please update us.

Dave Andrade

PostSun Jun 02, 2019 10:36 pm

No "dice".

I tried proxy mode and using user cache clips...you hit the A icon, nothing happens, and then it crashes. Works fine in DR 15.

In fact, using "legacy" mode in 16, it seems to work great, so it appears to be that one feature and the GPU arent playing well together, at this time.

Return to DaVinci Resolve