Resolve Beta 3 doesn't start. No fix in beta 4

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Fretze

Resolve Beta 3 doesn't start. No fix in beta 4

PostThu Jun 13, 2019 10:07 am

I'm quite new to this forum but I'm really desperate.
Davinci 16 just crashed mid project and won't restart. I got no error at all and reinstalling davinci several times (as well as trying every beta version) didn't fix the problem.
Everytime I want to start it just gives me a loading circle on the curser and then nothing happens and eventually the loading sign disappears. The specs of my system are in my signature. I hope anyone can help me.

Thank you very much in advance.
Resolve 16.0b4; Windows 10; Intel i7-6800k; 32GB Ram; GTX 980Ti

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

Re: Resolve Beta 3 doesn't start. No fix in beta 4

PostThu Jun 13, 2019 4:22 pm

In a File Explorer window, go to:

C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve

and run CaptureLogs

This will place a Resolve log file named similar to this on your Windows desktop: DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20181228_140434.zip (You may not see the .zip extension if your system is set to hide known extensions).

Then open Windows System Information and do a File - Save (Not a File Export), which will generate a .NFO file.

Place both those files on a file sharing site and provide links to the files here.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Fretze

PostFri Jun 14, 2019 9:28 am

Thank you for your answer!

Here is the link to the logs you asked for. I really hope it helps.

https://we.tl/t-T4QGiJFroR

Thank you.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Jun 14, 2019 10:49 pm

Uninstall Resolve.

Make sure that the C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder is gone after the uninstall.

Then rename the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder to DaVinci Resolve.old

Then rename the C:\Users\Frere\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve folder to DaVinci Resolve.old

Now install Resolve 16b4. Does it run?

If it does, none of your project data will be there. Hopefully you have project export .drps you can re-import, and/or a database backup you can restore.

Assuming you don't have that, you should be able to get your project data back by copying the C:\ProgramData\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve.old\Support\Resolve Disk Database\Resolve Projects folder to the C:\Users\Frere\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\Resolve Disk Database folder, replacing the Resolve Projects folder that is currently there.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

Fretze

PostSat Jun 15, 2019 8:48 am

That did the trick! Thank you very much!

Return to DaVinci Resolve