Davinci resolve 16: Stuck on loading fairlight page

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

dizzybro

Re: Davinci resolve 16: Stuck on loading fairlight page

PostSun Feb 02, 2020 6:55 am

I recently started having this issue after doing a clean windows install. What I found was that it seemed to be network related. I have a VPN installed on my machine, and I had the "killswitch" feature enabled. This blocks all network traffic if the VPN connection is compromised. Even if the connection was good, resolve would not start with that feature enabled in the VPN software. So there may be some link to network settings. So far I have 100% success reproducing this issue and fixing again by toggling that feature in my VPN.

georgeou

PostMon Feb 10, 2020 9:21 am

Here is my Logs and .NFO file.
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20200210_ 11420.zip
(27.45 KiB) Downloaded 327 times
go.zip
(105.5 KiB) Downloaded 320 times

zhaobenx

PostTue Feb 11, 2020 11:00 pm

Got the same issue, cannot find way to solve it

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Feb 12, 2020 7:09 am

Try the current NVIDIA 442.19 Studio driver.

When you run the installer, select Custom instead of Express, and select the Clean Install checkbox.
Dwaine Maggart
Blackmagic Design DaVinci Support

georgeou

PostSun Feb 16, 2020 10:54 am

I just installed the NVIDIA 442.19 Studio driver.

I'm still stuck at the Fairlight loading page. See attached screenshot.

I've already reinstalled Resolve the way you suggested and renamed the old files. Nothing is helping here.
Attachments
Fairlight-lock.png
Fairlight-lock.png (239.31 KiB) Viewed 37404 times

Talleyran

PostTue Feb 18, 2020 9:04 am

Hello! I have the same problem, it hangs on the splash screen when loading the fairlight page. What can be done?
My computer:
i7-8700 cpu @ 3.2 GHz 32 Gb
nvidia quadro P1000

hereismatias

PostTue Feb 18, 2020 9:58 am

Hello gang. First post!

What worked for me was to deactivate the firewall (Windows and third party antivirus). Even I included Resolve in the "rules" of the firewall, it still gets stuck. I dunno if BlackMagic or Bullguard (my third party security software) has to address this.

After that, it runs normally for me.

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Matias.

Talleyran

PostFri Feb 21, 2020 8:24 am

hereismatias wrote:Hello gang. First post!

What worked for me was to deactivate the firewall (Windows and third party antivirus). Even I included Resolve in the "rules" of the firewall, it still gets stuck. I dunno if BlackMagic or Bullguard (my third party security software) has to address this.

After that, it runs normally for me.

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,

Matias.

I tried, unfortunately this does not help ((

sausuke

PostWed Feb 26, 2020 3:31 am

Solve this problem. It's about the internet. When stucked I disable my Lan and it loads.

Tried it again and it will not stuck so some of the comments here on firewall is true.

Windows Firewall pop out after that they I allowed it. I think it's accessing something through internet. After that problem solved.

Using this software for 5 days and I encountered this problem.

morph9266

PostSun Mar 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Same problem for me. 16.1 was working perfectly however no longer loads - hangs after showing Loading Fairlight on splash screen. Steps so far to attempt to fix..

AV disabled
Firewall disabled and Resolve added as exception.
Hyper-V disabled.
Intel services disabled.
All LAN / WAN connections disabled
Full uninstall / clean of appdata and programfiles and reinstall.

Nothing - just hangs

Link to logs https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... A3H4Frgefy

Logs also attached to post. Any ideas? At this rate I might have to fire up Premiere again!!!! The horror!!!
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-032020_183840.zip
(38.7 KiB) Downloaded 326 times

morph9266

PostMon Mar 02, 2020 1:52 pm

Forgot to attach my System NFO. Attached to this post!

Any ideas Support?
Attachments
system.zip
(159.05 KiB) Downloaded 281 times

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 02, 2020 7:41 pm

Did you notice the very first post in this thread? He didn't specify his VPN, but I see you have a Nord VPN installed. Have you tried messing with that?

Also disconnect any outboard USB or Bluetooth connected peripherals, other than keyboard and mouse, and see what effect that has.
Dwaine Maggart

morph9266

PostMon Mar 02, 2020 8:04 pm

hi Dwaine, I un-installed Nord any my work VPN but still no joy (I have had both installed and Resolve working for the past few months with no issue but tried anyway).

The machine is a laptop - no hardware changes and no external devices plugged in. In a fit of desperation I even removed the USB mouse but no difference.

Any help appreciated!

Thanks,

Andy

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 02, 2020 10:46 pm

Torrent apps have been known to interfere with Resolve in the past. I see you have qBitTorrent installed. Though it doesn't seem to have any background processes running in the NFO you sent.

Can you verify that's not running when you launch Resolve?
Dwaine Maggart

morph9266

PostTue Mar 03, 2020 8:57 am

Hi Dwaine, no qBit isn't running. What is strange is that everything has been running perfectly for the past few months with no changes. They only thing I have done (however Resolve still worked after) was upgrade by nVidia Studio drivers. I have since clean installed them and also tried older versions but still nothing.
I don't use a project DB so have no Prestige SQL installed for Resolve (there is one fro Daz 3D though, however that has never interfered with Resolve before and no updates have occurred to Daz)

If I delete my appdata folder I do get the "Welcome wizard" run again and go through the motions but once that is finished or closed it goes back to the loading screen, cycles through the first few "pages" and then stops at loading Fairlight (which I understand is not really related to the fault)

Thanks for your continued help - I have no issue completely blitzing Resolve and starting from scratch if needs be - I just need to be able to edit! I have my current projects archived out. Having said that I have fully un-installed Resolve, deleted the appdata and programdata folders and then re-installed in a fresh location and still the same.

Thanks again,

Andy

morph9266

PostWed Mar 04, 2020 8:53 am

Morning Dwaine - quick update.

I had resigned myself to the probability of needing to flatten my laptop and do a full Windows reinstall etc.. so began uninstalling anything which may have been effecting Resolve as a bit of troubleshooting. Plugins, drivers, VPNs, AV etc... Still nothing. Tried killing various services, again nothing.

So, formatted the machine, installed Win 10 Enterprise, installed all built in drivers and the latest nVidia Studio ones, Win 10 Updates and then Resolve Studio 16.1.2 and crossed my fingers.

Fired up perfectly!

As I am re-installing all my original applications etc. over the next few days I will keep firing up Resolve and see if anything trips it up and if it does, I will let you know for your information / bug fixing.

Andy.

Pehlivan

PostSun Mar 08, 2020 5:35 pm

I had the same problem. I am using Comodo Internet security and Resolve was looking unkown software. I just set Resolve as trusted software and the problem solved.

G0bble

PostFri Mar 13, 2020 9:29 pm

The dreaded problem is back for me! Stuck on loading Fairlight page ...
At first it stopped working in my main daily use win 10 local user account. I logged in to the local administrator account and checked that it worked. Now many hours later after a reboot I can no longer get it to start in any user account.

Logs attached.

Please help!

G
Attachments
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-_ 25450.zip
(58.25 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
DVR Studio
Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 3900X, Nvidia RTX 3080FE,32GB RAM, SM951 M.2 AHCI SSD Boot, 512GB WD Blue nvme scratch

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostFri Mar 13, 2020 10:07 pm

Its hanging after initializing the GPU. I'd say that implies an issue with your AMD driver.

However, one time on 3-13-2020, it DID load all the way. And then looks like there was a clean exit. Based on the log time, that was at 13:01 on 3-13.

Was something different on that one launch?

A Windows System Information .NFO file could be helpful.
Dwaine Maggart

G0bble

PostFri Mar 13, 2020 10:27 pm

Ok, I got it to work again. As a matter of fact I have been moving the C:\users\<user>\AppData folders around in the last few days ( manually because location tab does not exist in properties for AppData - yes I know MSFT discourages it ). First I moved the entire AppData to another drive and created link files in the original C drive location. This freed up 6GB of space and gave me a nice 28GB free on my boot drive, after deleting a further 2GB of GoPro Quik files under AppData. This worked well with DVR but not so for Firefox and SnipNSketch and Photos etc on Win 10. They refuse to launch. So I moved the AppData/Local back to C drive after deleting some of the link files but retained the link files to Local2 and Local3 in a bid to keep 3GB on the other disk and retain some free space. This broke DVR and didn't fix the other apps either - even with their subfolders inside Local folder back to C drive. But DVR worked with another local admin account for which I had never touched the AppData for that user - Until after the reboot mysteriously all accounts stopped working with DVR (I even created a new user account to test). So I moved the entire AppData back to the other drive and created all the link files on C drive again like before. I've now switched to using Edge browser (FF works but only for other accounts now) and I need to deal with Photos and screenshot not working - but atleast DVR is working now.

Not sure what dependencies lie in AppData - but an AMD folder does exist under Local. Its a mystery why moving it back to C drive broke anything though.

Thanks for taking a quick look at this!

G
DVR Studio
Win 11 Pro, Ryzen 3900X, Nvidia RTX 3080FE,32GB RAM, SM951 M.2 AHCI SSD Boot, 512GB WD Blue nvme scratch

willapp

PostSun Mar 15, 2020 11:08 am

Please help. I'm now having this exact issue, after using Resolve for months without any problems. Typical that it's just after I bought a new camera and now have some decent footage to edit...

I've captured the logs and my system NFO as suggested, can be downloaded here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AllVxrS41F4TgaFgoZ1 ... Q?e=v8cREW

The only things that have changed recently on my machine are a Windows update and new NVidia drivers. However, it did briefly work again yesterday but crashed mid-use and is now back to the same issue. I have tried uninstalling Resolve including all its components (including postgres). I also moved the AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design folder so the app would start with a blank profile again, but after skipping the intro wizards the same thing happens when the app tries to load.

NVidia drivers are the latest, 442.59. Windows version is 1909, OS build 18363.720

Thanks in advance.

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

PostSun Mar 15, 2020 1:00 pm

Can u check if u have v16.2 build 55 installed and if not, download 16.2 again and install
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

willapp

PostSun Mar 15, 2020 2:48 pm

Yes, it's 16.2.0055. Downloaded yesterday.

willapp

PostMon Mar 16, 2020 2:24 pm

I don't know if this will help, but as I'm a software developer I decided to try debugging the application behaviour to see if I could find out what causes the hang on the "loading fairlight" step of the splash screen.

Using Windbg, it seems to be getting stuck in a loop, and I can see reference to libcurl.dll in the C:\Program Files\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve, which makes me wonder if the app is trying to make a web request of some kind? I tried disabling Windows Firewall but this did not change the behaviour at all.

I did leave the app for 15 minutes to see if it would eventually time out or give up, but it does not.

I also reverted back to Windows 1903 and uninstalled all updates made since the app stopped working, but it hasn't fixed it.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 16, 2020 7:16 pm

You didn't provide an NFO, you provided a dxdiag dump, which while sometimes is helpful, not as helpful for this scenario.

Try the tried and true NVIDIA 431.86 STUDIO driver, to see what it does.

If that doesn't work, send another Resolve log file and a Windows System Information .NFO file.
Dwaine Maggart

willapp

PostWed Mar 18, 2020 9:05 am

Ok, I've managed to get it working again...for now.

I installed the NVidia Studio driver as instructed (clean install) - didn't fix it.

I then reverted the Windows 1909 feature update back to 1903 - didn't fix it.

I then re-installed the 1909 update - and now it's working again!??

However, I did try this a few days ago and it worked for a while, then the app crashed during use and it was back to the same problem, so I can't say I'm optimistic how long it will keep working for, but I'll reply again in a few days if there are any changes.

willapp

PostThu Mar 19, 2020 2:44 pm

Well, that didn't last long :(

Booted my PC today and it's back to the same issue. Nothing has changed since it was working yesterday - no Windows updates, no driver updates, nothing.

I've captured the NFO information that was missing previously. Any help in solving this would be great:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AllVxrS41F4TgaFjsHz ... w?e=RKZlCL

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Mar 19, 2020 4:56 pm

Please provide another current Resolve log file to go along with that NFO.
Dwaine Maggart

willapp

PostThu Mar 19, 2020 5:39 pm

Evogames03

PostThu Mar 19, 2020 7:32 pm

Im hvaing trouble with this software like many here. So far I've tried downloading the correct driver and reinstallign the program but that didnt work, if any one has any suggestions I would like to hear them.

willapp

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 2:20 pm

Is there any chance of a fix or update on this issue? I so want to use Resolve to edit several days worth of video and it's driving me crazy that it just won't load!!

Do the devs have any idea what can cause this? I'll try anything short of a full Windows reinstall to get it working again. PLEASE help!!

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostMon Mar 23, 2020 6:57 pm

2 suggestions:

1. In this folder:

C:\Users\Will\AppData\Roaming\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Preferences

Rename Ui.preset to UI.preset.bk

See if Resolve will launch now.

2. If Resolve still hangs, open Windows Task Manager.

In the Processes tab, right click on the Resolve app, and select Create Dump File.

Provide a link to that dump file.
Dwaine Maggart

willapp

PostTue Mar 24, 2020 9:25 am

Hi Dwaine,

Firstly, thanks for taking time time to reply. Sorry if I sound frustrated, I'm just really keen to get the app working so I can use it!

I checked in the folder but there is no UI.preset file at all - I will upload a screenshot just so you can see what's there. I will also post again with a link to the memory dump. The raw file is 3.7Gb but I've zipped it down to 720Mb, just waiting for it to upload to OneDrive.

Thanks again.
Will.

willapp

PostTue Mar 24, 2020 11:26 am

As mentioned in my previous post, here is a link to a screenshot of my preferences folder:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AllVxrS41F4TgaFyrdt ... Q?e=id5rdi

And here is a link to the memory dump (730Mb):

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AllVxrS41F4TgaFz5Vs ... w?e=YVq4wp

Thanks,
Will.

batyrenko

PostThu Mar 26, 2020 1:47 am

I have the same issue. Please help to fix. Thank you!

DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20200325_213304:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dVxFZ_ ... sp=sharing

win_system_info:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YrGZX5 ... sp=sharing

willapp

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 1:38 pm

Any updates on this?

Laisvie

PostSat Mar 28, 2020 3:48 pm

Hi,

I'm also experiencing problems to open the application... I have a Mac and it gets stuck loading Waveform monitor. I reinstalled and turn off the Firewall but it's not working...
Any help?

Thanks,

MarcusJB

PostSat Mar 28, 2020 10:02 pm

Is there any general help or advice for this error meanwhile? I have this problem now for surely half a year. I'm working with Resolve now for about 2 years and it seems the problem occurs more and more often in the last time and with the recent versions. Most of the time I just restart the PC: one time, two times, three times, ... and then it suddenly works. Now I restarted it already many more times and it still hangs when "Loading Fairlight page" appears.

I also tried many tips here and anywhere in the internet:
- trying to unplug monitors
- disabling firewall
- disabling virus protection
- uninstalling the faillight studio utility (even don't know what is this for)
- looking for fancy software that could block a TCP port

It's so unreliable, unpredictable and (at least for me) untracable. Sometimes it just works with the first click other days it won't start at all.

Attached are my system information and the Resolve logs.

DaVinci-Resolve-logs-_221322,24.zip
Resolve Logs
(172.49 KiB) Downloaded 218 times

DxDiag.zip
DirectX Diagnostics
(16.04 KiB) Downloaded 224 times

And here's my 4GB dump after renaming UI.preset:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4b6gj8fhnlfz8kp/AAB83j7Ppdx5MMQqJ73SyHoGa?dl=0

Having a quick look through the logs I found the last entries in one debug file were these:

[0x0000581c] | Fusion | INFO | 2020-03-28 21:35:51,333 | Module Handle 000002163C210000 utilities.plugin
[0x000016a0] | SyManager | ERROR | 2020-03-28 21:36:28,322 | Connection to daemon broken - closing socket!
[0x000016a0] | SyManager | ERROR | 2020-03-28 21:36:28,322 | recv failed when trying to read 12 bytes at PnlSocketComm.cpp:277

I don't know if this gives a hint to the error.

I'm currenty just totally unsatisfied because I can't continue my current open work I've already invested many days in and this problem is such a big productivity, creativity and time killer. I hope you can help me to fix this in best case for forever.

Thank you
Marcus
Windows 10 Pro (21H1)
Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
32GB RAM
MSI RTX 2080 8GB
MSI GTX 1060 6GB
Resolve Studio 17.2.2 Build 4
AOC 32" 4K U3277PWQU

batyrenko

PostSun Mar 29, 2020 6:09 pm

batyrenko wrote:I have the same issue. Please help to fix. Thank you!

DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20200325_213304:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dVxFZ_ ... sp=sharing

win_system_info:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YrGZX5 ... sp=sharing

I tested program on 2 different computers. Issue is the same on both of them.
2nd one is laptop Lenovo P1 (Core i7 9850H, 32 Gb DDR4 + Nvidia Quadro 2000 4Gb).
Both of computers have Hyper-V Installed. I don't want to delete it as I use it for my work.
I tested program on VM also, it successfully passed the step "loading fairlight page".

I believe that Hyper-V is causing the issue. Is there any way to fix it?

captain_astronaut

PostMon Mar 30, 2020 11:19 pm

I am also have this problem. I've tried re-installing, disabling Windows Defender, and a couple other suggestions on here. Nothing works.

I'm running Windows 10, Resolve 16.2, GeForce Game Ready Driver 445.75

The forum won't let me post a link to system info that's been asked for, so I don't know how to share that info.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 4:45 am

@Will and Laisvie: Dev team is looking into the stack trace issue in your dump file. Hopefully something that can be addressed in a future update, but no immediate solutions. No time frame for a solution.
Dwaine Maggart

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 4:54 am

@Marcus: As a test, remove the GTX1060 card, and see how that affects things.

If you still have problems, send an updated Resolve log file and also a Windows System Information .NFO file (instead of the dxdiag dump), with the 1060 removed.
Dwaine Maggart

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 5:08 am

@Andrii: Why do you think Hyper-V is involved? Can you disable it, as a test, to verify?
Dwaine Maggart

MarcusJB

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 8:05 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:@Marcus: As a test, remove the GTX1060 card, and see how that affects things.

If you still have problems, send an updated Resolve log file and also a Windows System Information .NFO file (instead of the dxdiag dump), with the 1060 removed.

Hi Dwaine,

I really don't get it! I haven't removed the GTX1060 so far. But...

Yesterday evening, the last post here
https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=82117&p=456406#p517316
inspired me to think about the audio device.

I installed the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 from my music studio at the edit PC and I disabled all other audio devices (the default Realtek device I normally use and the HDMI output to the 4K display). And after a restart everything works out of the box. I was so glad that I worked half of the night with this configuration with the fear it could stop working with the next reboot or whatever.

Now after reading your comment I tried to revert everything to the old configuration, to test with the 1060 removed: enabling the other devices -> everything still works. Unplugging the audio interface -> everything still works. I don't understand it! I mean, first of all it's great, sure, but why does it work now and could this happen again anytime?

I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the graphics card (because it's still installed) but with the audio devices. Is it maybe possible to narrow down the error a bit more? Maybe this also helps other people... and you.

Marcus
Windows 10 Pro (21H1)
Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
32GB RAM
MSI RTX 2080 8GB
MSI GTX 1060 6GB
AOC 32" 4K U3277PWQU

willapp

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 2:11 pm

Hi Marcus,

I'm interested in how you disabled the sound devices and managed to get it working again? I've also got a USB audio interface (PreSonus AudioBox 96) but I've had this connected since way before Resolve stopped working.

Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint what change happened on my system when it stopped because I wasn't using Resolve regularly at that time - I remember a Windows update (1903 -> 1909), an NVidia driver and I may have installed some software related to my new Z CAM E2C video camera as well. But since then, I've installed the NVidia studio driver as Dwaine recommended and uninstalled all other new software.

I've been going through the Windows Event Viewer and found several system warnings around DCOM components but I can't tell if they're related or not. I tried fixing them by following some online guides but they haven't made a difference either.

It seems crazy that this problem just locks up Resolve completely and they can't tell from the logs exactly why...

MarcusJB

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 2:29 pm

willapp wrote:Hi Marcus,

I'm interested in how you disabled the sound devices and managed to get it working again? I've also got a USB audio interface (PreSonus AudioBox 96) but I've had this connected since way before Resolve stopped working.

Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint what change happened on my system when it stopped because I wasn't using Resolve regularly at that time - I remember a Windows update (1903 -> 1909), an NVidia driver and I may have installed some software related to my new Z CAM E2C video camera as well. But since then, I've installed the NVidia studio driver as Dwaine recommended and uninstalled all other new software.

I've been going through the Windows Event Viewer and found several system warnings around DCOM components but I can't tell if they're related or not. I tried fixing them by following some online guides but they haven't made a difference either.

It seems crazy that this problem just locks up Resolve completely and they can't tell from the logs exactly why...

Hey Will,

I guess in many cases it's an simple error, but we just don't see it. If Resolve would just be a bit more verbose what's happening (or failing) it would be easier to fix those problems.

For deactivating the audio devices please follow these steps (I hope you can follow, I just have a German system):
1. Right click on the speaker symbol in the systray
2. Select Sound preferences

1.png
1.png (12.88 KiB) Viewed 36783 times

3. On this page click on "Manage audio devices"

2.png
2.png (41.4 KiB) Viewed 36783 times

4. and under "Output devices" click on the prefered device and then on "Deactivate"

3.png
3.png (25.17 KiB) Viewed 36783 times

I hope this is a way to fix this error for you as well... and for me for a longer time than just a few days. ;)

Cheers
Marcus
Windows 10 Pro (21H1)
Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
32GB RAM
MSI RTX 2080 8GB
MSI GTX 1060 6GB
AOC 32" 4K U3277PWQU

willapp

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 3:05 pm

Cheers, I'll give it a try tonight and let you know if it works!

At this time I would try anything except a reinstall of Windows - I have too many programs to go back and install them all again :(

MarcusJB

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 9:48 pm

MarcusJB wrote:
Dwaine Maggart wrote:@Marcus: As a test, remove the GTX1060 card, and see how that affects things.

Hi Dwaine,

I really don't get it! I haven't removed the GTX1060 so far. But...

Yesterday evening, the last post here
https://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=82117&p=456406#p517316
inspired me to think about the audio device.

I installed the Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 from my music studio at the edit PC and I disabled all other audio devices (the default Realtek device I normally use and the HDMI output to the 4K display). And after a restart everything works out of the box. I was so glad that I worked half of the night with this configuration with the fear it could stop working with the next reboot or whatever.

Now after reading your comment I tried to revert everything to the old configuration, to test with the 1060 removed: enabling the other devices -> everything still works. Unplugging the audio interface -> everything still works. I don't understand it! I mean, first of all it's great, sure, but why does it work now and could this happen again anytime?

I'm pretty sure that it has nothing to do with the graphics card (because it's still installed) but with the audio devices. Is it maybe possible to narrow down the error a bit more? Maybe this also helps other people... and you.

Marcus

Okay, one step back... now, a few hours later I have the same issue again without changing anything regarding hardware oder software. As you proposed, Dwaine, I took the time removing the GTX 1060 (which really was a pain in the a** :shock:). Now having it removed: still the same issue.

So here's my system info as you requested:
WithoutGTX1060.zip
(138.9 KiB) Downloaded 249 times

And the new logs:
DaVinci-Resolve-logs-_234156,72.zip
(105.07 KiB) Downloaded 232 times

Hope you can see something in them.

Marcus
Windows 10 Pro (21H1)
Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
32GB RAM
MSI RTX 2080 8GB
MSI GTX 1060 6GB
AOC 32" 4K U3277PWQU

Dwaine Maggart

Blackmagic Design

PostTue Mar 31, 2020 10:45 pm

Seems like SOMETHING must have changed on the system, to create such a dramatic difference in behavior.

We keep 5 good logs and 5 crash logs in a log archive. None of those show your last working state, so I guess you must have restarted the system lots of times after it was last working? All the logs are from 3-31.

The 5 crash logs all stop at the identical point. Is Resolve crashing to the desktop, or is it hanging, and you are killing it in Task Manager?

The 5 non-crash logs all appear that Resolve launched, but then almost immediately exits. Is Resolve getting to the Project Manager page half the time you've recently launched it? And If so, what happens at that point?

Based on other solutions posted in this thread, one user had a VPN causing a Resolve hang issue. You appear to have a VPN running. You might try stopping that as a test to see if it has any effect.

Another user reports that having Hyper-V enabled caused a Resolve issue. You appear to have Hyper-V enabled. You might disable that to see what effect that has.

Other users have reported USB and BlueTooth peripherals causing Resolve issues. If you have anything other than a wired USB mouse and keyboard connected, disconnect them to see what effect that has.
Dwaine Maggart

MarcusJB

PostWed Apr 01, 2020 6:51 am

Dwaine Maggart wrote:Seems like SOMETHING must have changed on the system, to create such a dramatic difference in behavior.

We keep 5 good logs and 5 crash logs in a log archive. None of those show your last working state, so I guess you must have restarted the system lots of times after it was last working? All the logs are from 3-31.

The 5 crash logs all stop at the identical point. Is Resolve crashing to the desktop, or is it hanging, and you are killing it in Task Manager?

The 5 non-crash logs all appear that Resolve launched, but then almost immediately exits. Is Resolve getting to the Project Manager page half the time you've recently launched it? And If so, what happens at that point?

Based on other solutions posted in this thread, one user had a VPN causing a Resolve hang issue. You appear to have a VPN running. You might try stopping that as a test to see if it has any effect.

Another user reports that having Hyper-V enabled caused a Resolve issue. You appear to have Hyper-V enabled. You might disable that to see what effect that has.

Other users have reported USB and BlueTooth peripherals causing Resolve issues. If you have anything other than a wired USB mouse and keyboard connected, disconnect them to see what effect that has.

Hi Dwaine,

yes, that's correct. After the first time it doesn't run anymore I thought maybe it's time for a restart, then I plugged in the audio interface again, then a restart, then diabled the other audio devices, newest drivers and some other tests and after every change I started resolve to hopefully find the problem... nothing worked.

It's always the same behaviour. I start resolve, it gets to the point "Fairlight page loading" and stays there forever, no matter if waiting 30 seconds or half an hour (yes that's also something I already tested :? ). After clicking on the window it get's in this state and I just let Windows close it for me:
1.png
1.png (319.97 KiB) Viewed 36752 times

As far as I know I have no VPN running. The only thing I found was the windows setting here:
2.png
2.png (16.28 KiB) Viewed 36752 times

I turned off both settings, but it made no difference.

Just for completness... I have no bluetooth or similar cordless devices attached/connected.

Then I came to the virtualization. I first disabled the CPU virtualization (SVM Mode) in the bios. But this also made no difference. Then I turned off the the Hyper-V settings here:
3.png
3.png (24.43 KiB) Viewed 36752 times

And indeed it works now!
Now VirtualBox isn't running anymore without Hyper-V, but that I have at least the possibility to turn it on and off is something I could live with.

But still a bit strange, since it was running many times with Hyper-V turned on during the last months. Could you inspect this on your development/test systems maybe? I guess I'm not the only person who has/had this problem. Maybe it can be fixed in the programming centrally for everyone. If I can help you with my system (new logs or something) please don't hesitate to get back to me.

Thanks
Marcus
Windows 10 Pro (21H1)
Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
32GB RAM
MSI RTX 2080 8GB
MSI GTX 1060 6GB
AOC 32" 4K U3277PWQU
PreviousNext

Return to DaVinci Resolve