Freeze Frame in Edit page clip speed - wrong frame

Get answers to your questions about color grading, editing and finishing with DaVinci Resolve.
  • Author

Rolfe Klement

Freeze Frame in Edit page clip speed - wrong frame

PostTue Sep 03, 2019 8:50 pm

When selecting a single frame and choosing freeze frame - it seems to select another frame in the grade / fusion page...... with CRM 12bit 4 footage...

Anyone else with this?

thanks
Intel i7 7820HK 2.9GHz RAM 32GB Windows 10 Home V1803 64Bit
2 x 2 TB NVME Samsung Pro
GTX 1080
www.creativesunshine.com

Shrinivas Ramani

Blackmagic Design

Re: Freeze Frame in Edit page clip speed - wrong frame

PostWed Sep 04, 2019 8:34 am

Which version? Which platform? See viewtopic.php?f=21&t=90190 for what details we need.

Also see viewtopic.php?f=21&t=97700:
• Addressed an issue where applying Fusion effects to retimed clips with freeze frames would sometimes show an incorrect freeze frame

zreinb

PostTue Sep 17, 2019 4:40 am

This is happening to me too. Version 16.0 release (16.0.0.060), Braw, 24fps.

It's using the first frame not the frame I have the playhead at (happens to be last frame.) In addition, Also, it replaces the video clip, I expect it to create a new clip of the frozen frame, not mess with the video clip. This brings up the third problem with freeze frame - the first few seconds are black. I have to trim the left end to get to the freeze frame.

In a possibly related issue - I position the playhead in a clip and hit the space bar and the playhead skips back a second or two and plays from there. It's as if the actual playhead position is not getting updated internally.

Edit: fixed by bad typing, adding that this also happens in 16.1 beta 3. Footage is UHD.

MacOS 10.13.6
8 core iMac Pro, 32Gb RAM, Vega56
Wanting to get a box to use my Intensity Pro 4k again, I really miss it now

DirectedByMarvin

PostTue Jun 09, 2020 8:25 pm

It's using the first frame not the frame I have the playhead at (happens to be last frame.)

I'm experiencing the same issue. Any solutions here?
Davinci Resolve 18.6
Apple M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine // 64GB RAM //
Ultra Studio 4K Mini // LG CX55 OLED // ASUS ProArt 32UCX

DirectedByMarvin

PostTue Jun 09, 2020 9:05 pm

It's using the first frame not the frame I have the playhead at (happens to be last frame.)

I'm experiencing the same issue. Any solutions here?

So what I figured when doing some tests is that freeze frames are not able to use adjustments such as position or zoom that have been applied on the same clip I'm trying to pull a freeze frame from.
This is extremely frustrating and needs to be fixed. Blackmagic Team, please look into that for the next release!
Davinci Resolve 18.6
Apple M1 Max 10-core CPU, 32-core GPU, 16-core Neural Engine // 64GB RAM //
Ultra Studio 4K Mini // LG CX55 OLED // ASUS ProArt 32UCX

Tinchote

PostSun Nov 01, 2020 5:07 am

I'm having the exact same problem. When I freeze a frame, it uses the first frame in the clip instead of the frame I want.

The problem seems to be that there is no keyframe in that frame. The workaround I'm using is to cut the clip where I want to freeze, render it, and use the rendered clip as the new source.

Return to DaVinci Resolve