Speed Ramps - Ability to Snap to Even Numbers

• Author

axelkozber

Speed Ramps - Ability to Snap to Even Numbers

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 12:46 am

I'm requesting some sort of ability to snap to even numbers when doing speed ramps, or have a better way to select exact values with a drop down menu. Being particular about using whole exact numbers prevents motion stutter and awkward looking speed ramps.

In premiere, you can hold Shift while dragging the retime line up and down, which will snap the values to whole number and allow quick but precise selection of whatever percent you want. 250%, 400%, Whatever. In Resolve, there is no way to quickly snap to whole numbers that I can find, besides for selecting from the dropdown which only allows you to pick from like 10 pre-defined values, some of them are very odd (110%? Why?) it has 200%, and 400%, but I often need 300 and 500. So I have to drag the line very carefully to the exact value and just struggle with tiny mouse movements until I get it exactly. Depending on your mouse sensitivity settings and DPI this can be a nightmare.

Maybe there is a way to do this more precisely that I haven't been able to find, but when I posted on the facebook group, Marc recommended I post this in the feature request thread, so I'm guessing there is no way currently.
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (69.24 KiB) Viewed 175 times

Marc Wielage

Re: Speed Ramps - Ability to Snap to Even Numbers

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 7:06 am

I think that's a pretty good idea. +1 from me.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Andrew Abfal

PostThu Mar 28, 2024 9:38 am

Speed ramping in general needs an overhaul, the interface is very clunky, many extra clicks/button presses needed that actually make it harder to get what you actually want. There's been many great feature requests for speed ramps, this would be another one.

+1
Audio Post

Windows 10
Ryzen 5950x
RTX 4090
128GB DDR4

Mart_Williams

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 12:07 pm

Andrew Abfal wrote:Speed ramping in general needs an overhaul, the interface is very clunky, many extra clicks/button presses needed that actually make it harder to get what you actually want. There's been many great feature requests for speed ramps, this would be another one.

+1

An overhaul of speed ramps is massively overdue. I've been asking BMD to look at such an overhaul for years now, and in that time, I think they changed ONE thing: the Retime Curve is now the default, not the much less popular Retime Frame.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests