Keyword hotkeys: doesn't work well with duration makers

• Author

ChrisFero

Keyword hotkeys: doesn't work well with duration makers

PostSat Mar 02, 2024 7:42 pm

When I create a duration marker, I create it because I want to add keywords to this part of the footage. I want to mark someone, I want to mark something. I have set the CMD+M as "convert to duration marker", and it would be much easier to add keywords if the hotkeys add the keywords to the duration marker in that case instead of the whole footage.

Now I have to edit the marker (SHIFT+M), TAB, TAB, and keyword hotkey, TAB again, and hit ENTER.

Plan B: At least, when the marker editor is open, the keyword hotkey could fill automatically the keyword box even if the "name" field is active. Maybe this solution is easier to add.

Reynaud Venter

Re: Keyword hotkeys: doesn't work well with duration makers

PostWed Mar 06, 2024 9:15 am

I have this configured as a multi-action Macro on a StreamDeck, adding Keywords to both standard and Duration Markers with a single key press.

Keyboard Maestro, or similar, would be an equally useful alternative for the same workflow.
⟦ Mac Pro 7,1 Rack ⊕ 16-core 3.2GHz ⊕ 32GB RAM ⊕ Radeon 580X • Resolve Studio 19.0 • macOS 14.4.1 ⟧
⟦ Fairlight Studio Console ⊕ Fairlight Audio Accelerator ⊕ Merging Hapi • Anubis • Ravenna CoreAudio VAD ⟧

UweUwe

PostWed Mar 06, 2024 9:35 am

I completely agree with the ideas presented in this post. A streamlined process for adding keywords to duration markers? Absolutely! It would significantly enhance our workflow efficiency. Currently, navigating through numerous steps just to perform this task feels quite tedious. Your Plan B suggestion seems like a highly practical solution that we could easily implement to make a significant impact.

aaronvandomelen

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 4:12 am

I wrote about this process here as well. So requesting a feature update here as well.

See the reddit post about the method here that works really well.
https://www.reddit.com/r/davinciresolve ... away_from/

If Resolve added dedicated shortcuts to keyword library keywords in would be another step closer to a database style organization structure for selects in the bin in Resolve, and FCPX / Kyno (rip) style logging.

Right now I have to us a multistep macro on a streamdeck to make this process efficient. But it's still slower than FCPX's methods. Also the automatic keyword bins that Resolve makes, doesn't work with duration marker keywords. So you have to make custom smart bins for all these selects. It also gets a little messy in regards to the duration marker name and it's marker keywords too, especially when trying to filter and search for them in smart bins.

So please add more functionality here. Let marker keywords be searchable in the same way as regular keywords. Give us a marker keyword shortcut panel like regular keywords and allow us to filter and sort more efficiently. Give us shortcuts to logging with stars levels, selects with shortcuts so we can avoid the need for macro tools. Having the ability to filter down to your selects would be excellent too. If the interface could add additional filter options for keywords. IE keywords + duration markers = a select within that keyword or set of keywords. So instead of the duration markers appearing along side the full clips, you could specify if you want to see your selects or full clips.
current config = iMac 2019 (19,1), 3.6 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 40 GB RAM ,Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB, Mac OSX 10.15.3

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests