Nested timeline markers

• Author

Joe Mizera

Nested timeline markers

PostWed Mar 27, 2024 2:55 pm

I've been using Resolve a few years now. Previously a Vegas user. Resolve is so much more sophisticated and powerful, I never thought I'd miss anything about Vegas. Yet there are a couple. In recent projects, I'm using nested timelines a lot. I wish I could at least see where the markers in the nested timeline were. Vegas would not import the markers themselves, but would instead place lines with flags at marker locations. I miss this so much! I look forward to the day where something like this is in a future update.

Joe Mizera

Re: Nested timeline markers

PostWed Mar 27, 2024 3:04 pm

Just ran across this Reddit post after this post. This is actually a pretty good workaround that I was not aware of. It might just help someone else.

https://www.reddit.com/r/davinciresolve ... and_paste/

Jim Simon

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 3:08 pm

In Premiere Pro, timeline markers would show up as clip markers in the nested timeline. I found that useful.

But it may be more important for BMD to fix all the issues that are currently being reported when using nested timelines. Then they can add functionality.
Last edited by Jim Simon on Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Joe Mizera

PostFri Mar 29, 2024 4:49 pm

I have used nested timelines on at least a dozen projects over the past year. Frankly, I've not had any problems in the past couple of years. Maybe once in a while the waveform image takes a long time to appear. I can't think of any other. Worth noting that most of these projects were over three hour, three camera multicam shoots.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests