Grid Generator Request

• Author

Tensor7

Grid Generator Request

PostThu May 02, 2024 5:15 pm

There is no grid generator in resolve. If there is a easy and simple to use grid generator in resolve, it will be possible to make dynamic chart motion graphics animation in resolve (fusion page).

Jim Simon

Re: Grid Generator Request

PostThu May 02, 2024 8:38 pm

There is a Grid effect. Been there for a while now.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Marc Wielage

PostFri May 03, 2024 2:17 am

Tensor7 wrote:There is no grid generator in resolve. If there is a easy and simple to use grid generator in resolve, it will be possible to make dynamic chart motion graphics animation in resolve (fusion page).

Jim is correct -- OFX Grid is a real feature in Resolve Studio.

I have a couple of PowerGrades with customized Grid settings that I use all the time to center titles and graphics. Unfortunately, you cannot save presets, but since you CAN save a one-node PowerGrade, I just use that when I have situations where I need to align stuff to a grid.
Certified DaVinci Resolve Color Trainer • AdvancedColorTraining.com

Sander de Regt

PostFri May 03, 2024 6:19 am

I'm also working on a snappable grids macro. I didn't make the april 30th deadline, but it's coming:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/a-WGKOo3U1E
Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Tensor7

PostFri May 03, 2024 8:59 am

This is really a misunderstanding. In DaVinci Resolve, the names of OFX effects are translated into Chinese. So when I searched for 'Grid' in English, I couldn't find this tool. Therefore, I never noticed it before. Thank you and Jim for reminding me. I have found this generator now.

Marc Wielage wrote:
Tensor7 wrote:There is no grid generator in resolve. If there is a easy and simple to use grid generator in resolve, it will be possible to make dynamic chart motion graphics animation in resolve (fusion page).

I have a couple of PowerGrades with customized Grid settings that I use all the time to center titles and graphics. Unfortunately, you cannot save presets, but since you CAN save a one-node PowerGrade, I just use that when I have situations where I need to align stuff to a grid.

Tensor7

PostFri May 03, 2024 9:15 am

Well, I tried this tool out. It is suitable for aligning things, but it is not really suitable for motion graphics animation. When width or height is changed, the thickness of the grid line is also changed accordingly, which is a downside for clean animation. I am looking for something like the Grid tool in After Effects, which uses 2 anchor points to define grid width and height. Although I made 99% of my motion graphics in Fusion, there is one specific thing missing, which is I can hardly make dynamic charts in Fusion (or with great difficulty, including dealing with tons of PNG files). I appreciate what Resolve and the Fusion team have done in recent years, which makes Fusion more and more comparable with After Effects in the motion graphics area, and I am looking forward to seeing more and more improvements on the Fusion page.

Marc Wielage wrote:

Sander de Regt

PostThu May 09, 2024 10:40 am

I have created a macro especially for aligning objects to a grid. Check out the video. Maybe you'll find it useful!

Sander de Regt

ShadowMaker SdR
The Netherlands

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests