Edit > Media Pool folder duplicates

• Author

GalinMcMahon

Edit > Media Pool folder duplicates

PostWed May 22, 2024 5:14 am

Please add a toggle to remove the sub level bins from inside the bin. There's already a navigation pane. It's redundant and they get in the way. The only thing I'd want in the footage bins is footage...not bins.

media pool.png
media pool.png (147.17 KiB) Viewed 193 times
Water cooled Windows 11 laptop
i9 12th gen - 64GB RAM - 16GB 3080ti
2TB 4th gen nvme main - 4TB 4th gen nvme scratch
Stream Deck
Resolve Studio 19 beta (reverting to 18.6 soon I think)
48” LG C2 OLED

Marc Wielage

Re: Edit > Media Pool folder duplicates

PostWed May 22, 2024 6:27 am

GalinMcMahon wrote:Please add a toggle to remove the sub level bins from inside the bin. There's already a navigation pane. It's redundant and they get in the way. The only thing I'd want in the footage bins is footage...not bins.

I just manually set it up that way by hand when the project begins. Where did these extra bins come from? Who set them up that way? We do use sub-level bins for certain reasons: for example, we have a "Camera Originals" bin, then a "Red" and a "Blackmagic" and a "DJI" subfolder for some projects. It all depends on the degree of organization you need for a specific project.

We also have several pre-built project templates with all the bins already in place. And you can also just build a folder structure outside resolve (in the OS), and then drag it into the Master Bin, and Resolve will automatically create matching bins according to that structure.
Certified DaVinci Resolve Color Trainer • AdvancedColorTraining.com

GalinMcMahon

Re: Edit > Media Pool folder duplicates

PostWed May 22, 2024 3:52 pm

Thanks for the reply. I may have been unclear about the issue and the request for Davinci to resolve it. Za zing.

When we add a bin under a bin in the navigation pane on the left, Resolve ALSO puts that bin into the bin with the clips / media / etc. I get why they do that and I can see it being helpful for some and for certain circumstances. What ends up happening though is I'll have, say, top level bin of 'Footage.' I'll nest 'Scene 1' and 'Scene 2' etc. Then maybe I'll have 4 clips I want in the top level Footage bin. So in that bin I have those 4 clips but I also have 37 folders for scenes 1-37 I have to stumble over for no reason. I (and presumably many others) navigate the bins via the navigation pane. There's no point, to me at least, to ALSO navigate in the next pane over, especially when it over populates the bin.

This could be a simple filter in the 3 dot menu.
Water cooled Windows 11 laptop
i9 12th gen - 64GB RAM - 16GB 3080ti
2TB 4th gen nvme main - 4TB 4th gen nvme scratch
Stream Deck
Resolve Studio 19 beta (reverting to 18.6 soon I think)
48” LG C2 OLED

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests