Nodes - grid snapping for clean node tree

• Author

carsonjones

Nodes - grid snapping for clean node tree

PostTue May 21, 2024 10:26 pm

Virtually every other node system I use has grid snapping in order to keep a clean organized node tree. Please add this feature to the Node panel on the Color Page.

Marc Wielage

Re: Nodes - grid snapping for clean node tree

PostWed May 22, 2024 6:40 am

carsonjones wrote:Virtually every other node system I use has grid snapping in order to keep a clean organized node tree. Please add this feature to the Node panel on the Color Page.

I have some tricks on how to organize complex node trees, but it basically boils own to laying paper tape over the monitor and eyeballing the tops of the nodes so their position is absolutely exact.

Another trick is you can always right click and use "Original Size" and the Node window zoom control to optimize the relative size of the nodes. It takes a while to figure out how to position and place the nodes so they work well across hundreds (or thousands) of shots. I'm not sure it could be done automatically, especially if you mix vertical and horizontal layouts in the same node tree, so there's a lot of "it depends" here.
Certified DaVinci Resolve Color Trainer • AdvancedColorTraining.com

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

Re: Nodes - grid snapping for clean node tree

PostThu May 23, 2024 4:42 am

this was asked in the past, +1 nonetheless.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests