Import script as basis for transcription for more accuracy

• Author

PhotoJoseph

Import script as basis for transcription for more accuracy

PostFri May 24, 2024 6:39 am

Resolve transcription is great, and it's usually pretty good at technical terms. But I always have to do a lot of clean-up anyway.

If a video was recorded from a script (teleprompter or whatever), what if you could import the script that was used as the basis for the transcription. Resolve could use that to assist in formatting, but change the script where something different was said.

examples:
1. If the transcription gets "shot in a 16 by nine aspect ratio" but the script was written "shot in a 16:9 aspect ratio", it knows how to format it.
2. If the transcription doesn't understand the word, it has something to reference.
3. If the transcription gets "go to frank's BBQ" but the script was written "go to Frank's Barbeque", it knows what it should say.

And of course if something completely different or new was spoken, then it can add that in.

Seems like a lot of the corrections I made are things like this, to the point where I think it might be better to start from the script and make changes to what was actually said vs transcribing in Resolve then updating technicalities to match the script.
https://youtube.com/photojoseph

Resolve Studio 18.6.5
macOS Sonoma 14.2.1
MacBook Pro M2 Max
96GB RAM
Blackmagic Cloud Store Mini on 10gb network
Synology RS1221+ 10gb
Blackmagic UltraStudio 4K Mini
ATOMOS NEON 4K reference monitor

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests