recent projects dropdown on home page

• Author

Muzzat1

recent projects dropdown on home page

PostFri May 24, 2024 5:54 pm

I believe a simple dropdown on the home page with the list of recent projects would be very handy. I know this is available in the file menu but is needed on the home page.

It would be extra useful if it listed a complete history with dates created and last edited.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Jim Simon

Re: recent projects dropdown on home page

PostFri May 24, 2024 10:55 pm

By 'home page', do you mean the Project Manager?

If so, we can already sort that by Recent.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Marc Wielage

PostSat May 25, 2024 1:08 am

Jim Simon wrote:By 'home page', do you mean the Project Manager? If so, we can already sort that by Recent.

Yeah, for that very reason, I usually look at all my projects in List mode and sort it by Recent Date.
Certified DaVinci Resolve Color Trainer • AdvancedColorTraining.com

Muzzat1

PostSun May 26, 2024 4:56 am

Hi. Yes I was talking about the Project Manager (Even though it is not Titled that on the page).

I believe that this Landing/Opening/Home Panel/Project/Database .... panel could be enhanced in a number of ways. It just seems disorganised and so different from all the busy panels within the program itself. It is also different from the Apple / Microsoft interfaces.
It seems to me that it could be reorganised and better integrated into the dropdowns of the rest of the pages (or even a tab on its own eg. File/Program/Database Manager - Media - Cut - Edit....)

The reason: This wonderful suite of software has evolved into a very complex system and focusing on simplifying the common / most used functions is a long way overdue.
Simple things like Current Project, Recent Projects, Project Library, Archive status, Archive suggestions, Asset Hierarchy, Storage sizes, Project Share settings, Render listing could all be on this Enhanced Panel.

I probably needed to open a new feature request for this.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests