Data Burn-In (add timeline name)

• Author

James Ashbolt

Data Burn-In (add timeline name)

PostThu May 16, 2024 3:56 am

I am needing to output my edits with the name of the timeline burnt in.
This doesn't seem to be an option?
I would normally do this for the first frame with a sound bleep for my presentations and WIPs.

Imagefree secure image hosting

Tim.Willis

Re: Data Burn-In (add timeline name)

PostThu May 16, 2024 6:35 am

This option is already available. Select one of the Custom Text fields and then in the dialogue box on the right type %timeline name and you will get the timeline name as a burn-in.

IMG_0050.jpeg
IMG_0050.jpeg (349.8 KiB) Viewed 227 times

Tim.Willis

PostThu May 16, 2024 8:59 am

To confirm, I am not suggesting you just type in the timeline name into the custom text box, but to use the timeline name metadata variable to generate the burn-in text from the current timeline name.

Code: Select all
%timeline name

James Ashbolt

PostMon May 27, 2024 12:14 am

Tim.Willis wrote:To confirm, I am not suggesting you just type in the timeline name into the custom text box, but to use the timeline name metadata variable to generate the burn-in text from the current timeline name.

Code: Select all
%timeline name

amazing! thanks Tim!
(Bizarre its not a box checkable option)
- J

Marc Wielage

PostMon May 27, 2024 3:53 am

James Ashbolt wrote:amazing! thanks Tim! (Bizarre its not a box checkable option) - J

There are literally over a hundred variable data burn-in selections you can use when you choose the % dropdown. I'm not sure if all the data fields are even listed in the manual! Suffice it to say... there's a lot of them.

One I use all the time is the Timeline Index number, which is really just the clip number in the timeline. I dunno why the don't call it "Clip Number," but I would guess it depends on how many timelines are stacked on top of each other on each track, and how many clips are lined up in a row. But I use the Timeline Index number as a way to gauge how many shots I have to color correct in a given day, so I can look up and see, "ah, I'm on shot #200. I have at least 150 shots to go before this timeline is finished."
Certified DaVinci Resolve Color Trainer • AdvancedColorTraining.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests