Batch Sync Multiple Audio and Video clips

• Author

dcolacino

Batch Sync Multiple Audio and Video clips

PostThu Mar 26, 2020 11:49 pm

Most everything I shoot uses dual system audio using a Tascam recorder that records separate tracks from multiple lavs and a boom, plus a scratch track in the camera. I don't have a sync generator so I use a slate clap or a hand clap for a sync mark.

In Premiere and FCPX I can select all the clips and sync them automatically to create compound clips with all the tracks, or with the scratch track removed. The Resolve 16 manual describes a similar process but I found that it's not usable for me.
1. I need *multiple* audio tracks to be synced to the video track.
2. The synced clips must not lose track of the original audio files. Resolve doesn't let me find the original audio track in the media pool, nor could I even see the original file name. It would be most useful if it would create compound or merged clips with links back to the original media they were synced from.
3. I'd like to be able to do the same thing with multiple cameras because for interviews I like to set up at least two camera angles to make the edit more interesting and also gives me something to cut to when editing.
4. I'd gladly sacrifice batching entire bins for the ability to sync multiple clips for each shot.

Please, please, please, add this feature as soon as possible.

Jim Simon

Re: Batch Sync Multiple Audio and Video clips

PostFri Mar 27, 2020 1:40 pm

From what I read, step 1 is the tripping point.

I think 2 has been solved in the 16.2 update.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests