Disable Timeline option missing when using Timelines Bin

• Author

JF Robichaud

Disable Timeline option missing when using Timelines Bin

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 4:30 pm

I was happy to see the ability to disable timelines added to Resolve 17, but the feature is unavailable when using the Timelines Bin (Project settings-General options-Use timeline bin). Using DR 17.1.1 on Windows.

To be clear, when not using the timeline bin, the Disable Timeline feature appears in the right-click context menu. When using the Timeline bin, the option is missing. Unless I'm missing something and the option is available elsewhere?

Please see included image:

panos_mts

Re: Disable Timeline option missing when using Timelines Bin

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 5:22 pm

Convert to multicam is missing also.
There is a similar thread here: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=134710

Jim Simon

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 5:54 pm

My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Michael Parfit

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 5:23 pm

POSSIBLE WORKAROUND:

I always use the timelines bin switch turned on in the project settings, and have also been frustrated that the new Disable Timeline option does not appear when using that bin.

However, I also have a Timelines Smart Bin, and the menu option to disable a timeline appears when I right-click a timeline in that bin.

HOWEVER, though the disabled bins do still appear in the main Timelines Bin, there is no option there to enable one if you need it back.

However, the disabled timelines disappear from the Timelines smart bin, so they can't be re-enabled there.

However, the disabled timelines remain in the media pool, and can be found in a big pool like mine by using a search word in the standard search tool using a word in the disabled timeline's title other than "timeline," which doesn't appear to work.

And when I find a disabled timeline in a location other than in my main Timelines bin, my right-click options include "Enable timeline."

That has worked, so I've been able to both disable and re-enable timelines while still being able to use the Timelines Bin.

JF Robichaud

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 5:32 pm

Thanks for the workaround Michael.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests