Fixed-Size Text Boxes

• Author

Luke G Orrin

Fixed-Size Text Boxes

PostWed Jan 13, 2021 4:41 am

I storyboard animated films and then use the storyboards to assemble timing cuts in Davinci Resolve, which then becomes the master timeline that all other assets (music, SFX, final animations) return to.

Once a storyboard has been imported into a timeline, I cannot find a way to quickly add text into a templated location (for example: to the right of the storyboard) within fixed parameters. I would find it immeasurably useful to have the ability to create a fixed-size text box that wraps text that I can copy and paste throughout a project for template purposes.

EDIT: Clarified that it needs to wrap text.
Last edited by Luke G Orrin on Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

richards

Re: Fixed-Size Text Boxes

PostWed Jan 13, 2021 4:50 am

Wouldn't that just be a custom title? It should be a matter of saving a macro in the right place (most likely that's <application data>\Blackmagic Design\DaVinci Resolve\Support\Fusion\Templates\Edit\Titles\, IIRC it might have to be in a new subdirectory under there - not certain of that however).
HW: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 64GB DDR4 3600 CL16 RAM, 3x2TB NVMe SSDs (1xGen4, 2xGen3), 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super, dual monitor (4k, 1080P)
SW: DaVinci Resolve Studio 17b7, Win10 Pro 20H2, Nvidia Studio Driver 460.89, latest BIOS/chipset/drivers/etc.

Luke G Orrin

Re: Fixed-Size Text Boxes

PostThu Apr 22, 2021 11:31 pm

Is this a feature that has any possibility of coming in the future? Is there a plug in for it?

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests