Multicam Ripple

• Author

NicoVB

Multicam Ripple

PostFri Jun 25, 2021 9:04 am

Recently I edited a 2 camera multicam timeline, later I realised there was some content that needed to be removed in different places. The result was that after I made the changes, I had to go through the entire timeline and change all the camera switches I made.

For example on the timeline I might have a clip using camera 1 and then a clip using camera 2 and then another clip using camera 1 and then back to camera 2

If I remove the first clip using camera 2, I am left with the two clips both set to camera 1 with a jump cut inbetween. It would be great if I can "ripple" the 2nd camera 1 clip to be on camera 2 and the following on camera 1 etc.

Max Paperno

Re: Multicam Ripple

PostSat Jun 26, 2021 9:01 pm

Hi Nico,

A bit confused... are you working with "multicamera" timelines as created by Resolve, and then using that multicam TL in your "program" timeline (where you then can switch between cameras)? That's the approach I'm familiar with. Or are you "rolling your own" multi-cam switching somehow?

If you're taking the former, built-in, approach, the "trick" is to never cut/insert content on the multicam timeline once it's created and another timeline ("program") is using it. All cuts should be done in the "program" timeline. Operations which don't change the length of the original multicam TL are OK (like color adjustments).

If you're doing something else though, I'm not sure what you mean.

-Max

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests