Micro Panel support for HDR tool?

• Author

Jamie Dickinson

Micro Panel support for HDR tool?

PostSun Dec 13, 2020 9:49 am

I'm told that the Advanced and the Mini Panel have functions to control the new HDR tool. I would love to see just some of the HDR tool, perhaps just the Global control, be supported in the Micro panel.

DaTemus

Re: Micro Panel support for HDR tool?

PostTue Sep 21, 2021 1:16 pm

Yep, truly hope that Micro supports hdr controls some way or another!!

Marc Wielage

PostTue Sep 21, 2021 11:56 pm

Jamie Dickinson wrote:I'm told that the Advanced and the Mini Panel have functions to control the new HDR tool. I would love to see just some of the HDR tool, perhaps just the Global control, be supported in the Micro panel.

I would argue if you can afford an HDR mastering display, you can afford the Advanced Panels (or at least the Mini). But... that's me.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

John Tissavary

PostThu Sep 30, 2021 7:05 pm

You don't need an HDR monitor or to be mastering in HDR to make use of HDR grading tools. I'm working on a string of 6 shows shot on Red. With log3g10 and Davinci color managed, the HDR tools map perfectly and achieve superior results that would require secondaries, multiple nodes, etc... if using the old LGG. Same goes for Alexa or probably any known log acquired footage.

While I get that there can't be as much support for HDR tools (which have a LOT of feature) on the micro, I think a hotkey toggle and some creative thinking in terms of panel mapping and hotkeys could cover that ground nicely. Maybe BMD will break the tradition of mediocre panel mapping and step things up as they've done with Advanced Panels.

I'm using an old Euphonix / Avid panel, so basically same level of HDR support as micro right now, which is sad.
John Tissavary
colorist
the post collective

JonPais

PostSat Oct 02, 2021 5:37 am

I've been using the HDR palette for grading HDR YT videos with an LG CX and it's awesome.
https://daejeonchronicles.com

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests