Request/suggestion for "Node Info" in the Color Tab

• Author

Cuervo

Request/suggestion for "Node Info" in the Color Tab

PostSat Sep 25, 2021 3:58 pm

This discussion is aimed at the editor's application; and, how to make color manipulation a bit less error prone. As the image data options become increasingly more flexible within Resolve, we are now dealing with an almost endless combination of color spaces, transfer functions, LUTs, timeline working space, YUV, RGB, etc., etc.
It would be very convenient to be able to right click on any node, and, be able to select an info display of the characteristics of that individual node, colorspace, gamma and EOTF/OETF, etc. The ability of Resolve to nest colorspace within timeline colorspace, LUT application within timeline space, compound nodes, not to mention the project type, color managed or not, all makes tracking the pipeline color space and transfer function from node to node very involved. What happens when "AI" or RCM makes automated decisions about color space of a node? I note that the HDR+ tool in Resolve doesn't know what color space is used if it isn't the one in the timeline color space.
I can't help but wonder where it's all headed. And I wonder if power users have the same issues I have with tracking where each node is with assigned color space. Would my concept of an info panel, specific to each node, be useful?

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests