Edit Page: Remove fades from multiple clips

• Author

eikonoklastes

Edit Page: Remove fades from multiple clips

PostSun Sep 26, 2021 6:10 am

There doesn't seem to be a way to remove fades (not transitions) applied to multiple clips.

The only way to do this seems to be to manually remove the fades by dragging the fade handle on each clip all the way to zero, which is pretty clunky if you are dealing with many stacked clips.

A quick and easy fix for this would be to adopt this behaviour (as an example):
If I go to the start of the clips, and do a Trim > Fade In to Playhead (Alt+Shift+D), I should get a zero length fade.

Right now, the quick and dirty fix is to do a 1 frame fade, which does eliminate it for most practical purposes, but it's not ideal.

If the above proposed solution is not in keeping with Resolve's design philosophy, then an extra menu item that says Remove Fades will also suffice. You would have to have separate menu items for Remove Fade > From In Point and From Out Point, and optionally, From Entire Clip.
Last edited by eikonoklastes on Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Andy Mees

Re: Edit Page: Remove fades from multiple clips

PostSun Sep 26, 2021 9:07 am

Am surprised that Fade In and Fade Out handles are not covered by the existing 'Copy', 'Paste Attributes...' and 'Remove Attributes...' functions, that would seem to be the logical place for it.
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Kenzo

PostSun Sep 26, 2021 5:29 pm

eikonoklastes wrote:There doesn't seem to be a way to remove fades applied to multiple clips.

The only way to do this seems to be to manually remove the fades by dragging the fade handle on each clip all the way to zero, which is pretty clunky if you are dealing with many stacked clips.

This was definitely broken in Resolve 17.
My workaround.
(The trick is to add any transition after selecting clips)

Eryk Rogozinski
www.art-fx.eu

eikonoklastes

PostMon Sep 27, 2021 6:47 am

Kenzo wrote:My workaround.
(The trick is to add any transition after selecting clips)

That's a nice tip, but the feature request is not for transitions, it's for the fades you can apply by dragging the Fade handles on a clip or by using the Trim > Fade commands.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests