Synchronize Edit, Fusion and Color tabs - regarding clips

• Author

rsf123

Synchronize Edit, Fusion and Color tabs - regarding clips

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 3:56 am

I'll use an example, in the Edit tab, where a timeline has 50 clips.

If I click the 32nd clip.

Then, when I go to the Fusion or Color tab, it should automatically also show the 32nd clip.

Whereas, right now, when we switch to the Fusion or Color tab, it activates the clip that we last used when there the last time.

This reflects the history of how the Color, Fusion and Edit tabs were developed separately, and only recently were integrated.

I realize there's the right-click option to OPEN IN FUSION PAGE, but there's no equivalent OPEN IN COLOR PAGE.

Maybe there can be an online poll to check, when people switch from one tab to another, is it mostly to work on the same clip or different clip? That should determine which is the default setting. For myself, if I'm working on the 32nd clip in the Edit tab, then if I switch to Fusion or Color tab, it is to keep working on that 32nd clip.

That means, if we just go to the Fusion or Color tab by clicking the bottom row icons -- and forget to go via the right-click route -- it makes it slow and tedious to locate the required clip in the row of CLIPS.

panos_mts

Re: Synchronize Edit, Fusion and Color tabs - regarding CLIP

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 7:47 am

I posted a similar request a year ago
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=124895

Then I requested an alternative solution for this problem a few months ago
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=146162

Andy Mees

Re: Synchronize Edit, Fusion and Color tabs - regarding CLIP

PostSat Oct 16, 2021 9:37 am

+1

active selection should always be the prioritised target for any operation, even if the operation is simply switching tabs
Let's have a return to the glory days, when press releases for new versions included text like "...with over 300 new features and improvements that professional editors and colorists have asked for."

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests