visual quick access to Versions/V1 switching in clips..

• Author

Chris Mierzwinski

visual quick access to Versions/V1 switching in clips..

PostThu Oct 21, 2021 8:48 pm

I would like to maybe see a more clear visualization of which version is being worked on in color/clips. So we already have a V1 listed above the clip and it would be nice if that number would update when switching versions(ctrl y)

I think it would be even better if the temporary Versions pop up in the viewer would be more permanent and persistent somewhere up there. At this point once versions are switched there is no visual indication which version we are on. This representation could be further added on the node since the version could be node specific.

but something like Node 3/V2 appearing in the viewer and v2 on the node somewhere and or maybe on the clip.. something more visual. also maybe clicking on that v1, v2 would simply shuffle between versions or quick list appear.

Hope this makes sense
Resolve 19 Beta Studio
MICRO PANEL
ASUS ProArt PA329CV 32" Monitor
intel i9 7900x 10 core
Nvidia 1080ti
win 10 pro
64GB ram
m.2 2TB of nvme scratch disk

Chris Mierzwinski

Re: visual quick access to Versions/V1 switching in clips..

PostWed Nov 03, 2021 11:09 pm

sooooooo i also just learned that by double clicking on the text underneath clips in color page that it shuffles between clip name, codec and versions. That is pretty sweet and helps more without having have to go through the menu.

I would still like to suggest having the versions always baked in somewhere near the clip or color page. or at least if there is more than one version within that clip.
Resolve 19 Beta Studio
MICRO PANEL
ASUS ProArt PA329CV 32" Monitor
intel i9 7900x 10 core
Nvidia 1080ti
win 10 pro
64GB ram
m.2 2TB of nvme scratch disk

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests