Working Fairlight / Sound in Linux

• Author

smunaut

Working Fairlight / Sound in Linux

PostSun Feb 21, 2021 3:58 pm

* Fairlight display is just plain broken on AMD, even in DVR16. No waveform display. Probably a minor GL tweak needed.

* Recording support in linux. Apparently that's just plain not working, never has been and that's a known fact that's just not documented anywhere other than the forum AFAICT ...

* PulseAudio integration would also be nice so that I can actually select what device to use ... but to be fair given the alsa / pulseaudio / jack API situation, I understand and ... well I can always configure virtual alsa devices myself so less of an issue.
Resolve Studio - Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD RX6600 / NVidia RTX 4070 (switching between the 2) - Linux

smunaut

Re: Working Fairlight / Sound in Linux

PostSat Oct 23, 2021 5:57 pm

A bit of an update for those finding this thread:

* AMD bug was fixed some time ago
* And 17.3 added support for recording using ALSA on linux. I have small bugs with it but this is progress and hopefully theses will get fixed (in some cases, it stops working all together, both record and playback and I need to switch to edit tab back to fairlight to reset it ...).

Thanks !
Resolve Studio - Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD RX6600 / NVidia RTX 4070 (switching between the 2) - Linux

Boris Kovalev

Re: Working Fairlight / Sound in Linux

PostTue May 31, 2022 5:48 am

As of 18b3 sometimes audio just "turns off" as described by smunaut.
A problem for me now is to assign a rec device. I see 8 ALSA inputs, each one gives me just system mic+resolve output (more on that below).
It would be also nice to have a way to confirm 44khz/48khz audio input used.
I understand that all this must be done at OS level, but don't want to switch to jack yet, any other way to do it?
With pavucontrol and alsamixer i couldn't achieve a mic mapping to resolve ie using more than one mic. What tool should i look into using PulseAudio?
Another problem i found is when recording, i get every audio track mixed to the new layer/track alongside with mic input. Muting the bus or all the tracks in resolve solves the issue, but i often use the original audio as i guide to ADR, also i don't believe that was intended.
tested on debian11

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests