List of things that I would love to see implemented.

• Author

Jim Robinson

List of things that I would love to see implemented.

PostTue Jan 25, 2022 6:23 pm

There are a few things that I think they could add to the color page that wouldn't be that hard.

Number 1 - a sticky note that can be added to the node tree - like a small yellow rectangle that you at anytime can double click and read or edit notes. The node labels are great but even saving power grades or giving instructions to yourself for future use etc. would be ideal.

Number 2 - display node graph - would be cool if we could select more than one node and drag and drop into our node tree.

Number 3 - would love one of those little zoom windows that has a rectangle to show where you are when you zoom in on the GUI source monitor. Good to know where in the image you are zoomed into when using reference sizing etc.

Number 4 - would also be cool to be able to switch on and off the scopes reading the whole image or what is zoomed in. This especially for skin tones etc. would be great to zoom in and have the scopes only show what is referenced in the gui.

Number 5 - fix the Face Refinement OFX so we can edit the outlines on the screen when it goes off. Nothing worse than adding an eyelight and then have someone turn their head and you see the eye lightening in their hair. Great tool if it could be edited for a bad tracking considering that we can do it for any power window tracking by switching to Frame and have Resolve keyframe parts.

Number 6 - draggable guide or grid line overlays for framing - kind of like Photoshops where you can pull them in when you need them from the rulers on the top or side.

Number 7 - Be able to have the composite mode dropdown lists group like they are in Photoshop and other software instead of alphabetic.

Number 8 - magic mask - uses way too much resources even after the mask is built. In Photoshop the selection refine tool - has you able to paint a selection then refine the edges and then push it into a mask or a selection. Which then release the memory resource and becomes a regular mask. If magic could do something similar and realize to a trackable power window after the analyze, it would then run smoothly and free up the resources.

Number 9 
- an icon for saving the current frame as a still export. Like Premier - click the icon and it saves a .tif
tc.

I have lots more but these I think are doable and would help a lot.

Marc Wielage

Re: List of things that I would love to see implemented.

PostWed Jan 26, 2022 9:53 am

All good ideas, particularly 1, 2, 5, 6, & 8. I've wanted the "Note Node" for at least 3-4 years.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Dermot Shane

PostFri Jan 28, 2022 5:00 am

Nobe Omniscope covers off #4 and 9

Marc Wielage

PostTue Feb 01, 2022 11:34 am

Dermot Shane wrote:Nobe Omniscope covers off #4 and 9

Hey, I actually didn't know Omniscope could grab and export a frame.
marc wielage, csi • VP/color & workflow • chroma | hollywood

Tom Early

PostTue Feb 01, 2022 8:30 pm

Jim Robinson wrote:Number 1 - a sticky note that can be added to the node tree - like a small yellow rectangle that you at anytime can double click and read or edit notes. The node labels are great but even saving power grades or giving instructions to yourself for future use etc. would be ideal.

One of my top requests. While experimenting with look development I've practically written entire novels at times in version names. Not exactly convenient!
MBP2021 M1 Max 64GB, macOS 14.4, Resolve Studio 18.6.6 build 7
Output: UltraStudio 4K Mini, Desktop Video 12.7

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests