Update Fairlight Clip Attributes with Edit page features

• Author

tlegvold

Update Fairlight Clip Attributes with Edit page features

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 5:50 am

Recently I discovered that batch applying clip attributes to a bunch of clips is not possible on the Fairlight page (f.x. changing thousands of clips from 6 channel to mono audio), you can only use the Clip Attributes contextual menu on single selected clips.

Someone mentioned to me that the same function on the Edit page *will* allow you to work on batches of clips or multiple selections. It does, and it's even smart about it - if you select clips across multiple tracks it will sort them in the GUI so that you can make different settings for each track (or the same if you prefer, like in my example above).

This is such a huge time saver and obvious function I don't understand why it isn't in the Fairlight page already - the code is there, as is the menu option.
Desktop: 2019 Mac Pro 16 Core CPU 192GB RAM | AMD Radeon W5700X 16GB | OS X Monterey 12.7
Fairlight Audio Accelerator CC-2 | Audio Interface SX-36 | Audio Editor (FAE) | Studio Console
Mobile: 2023 16" M3 Max MacBook Pro 64GB RAM | OS X Sonoma 14.3

Andy Mees

Re: Update Fairlight Clip Attributes with Edit page features

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 11:57 am

tlegvold wrote:This is such a huge time saver and obvious function I don't understand why it isn't in the Fairlight page already - the code is there, as is the menu option.
+1

This frustrating issue is mirrored throughout the software, Thor. Why does the Fairlight Page Edit Index allow one to select clips in the timeline, but the Edit Page Edit Index does not? Why does the Fairlight Page Edit Index have special 'Marker' and 'Tracks' tabs with associated functionality, but the Edit Page does not? Why does the Fairlight Page have Range Selection Mode (and Edit Selection Mode), but the Edit Page does not? Why does the Cut Page have 'Source Tape' functionality but not the Edit Page? Why does the Color Page have multiple Clips filtering options but the Fusion Page does not? Why does the Color Page have such a bare bones Keyframes UI when so many better options are implemented elsewhere on different pages. The list is endless... but I suspect I already said too much. Lol. Triggered. ;)

Hope they get to your request soon.

Jim Simon

Re: Update Fairlight Clip Attributes with Edit page features

PostFri Aug 12, 2022 3:45 pm

More parity across pages would be welcome.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests