Errors handling

• Author

BaGRoS

Errors handling

PostWed May 31, 2023 5:55 pm

Hi ALL

We have long known that DaVinci Resolve encounters substantial issues when it comes to the interplay with Fusion and nVidia. These difficulties span continual restarts, forced closures of the programme, corrupted projects, and auto-closure of the application upon attempting to open such projects. There's also the spontaneous shutting down of DaVinci during the rendering process, among other problems.

I want to clarify that the hardware or the DaVinci software itself isn't at fault, given that it operates well on Macs with lower memory capacity and somewhat functions with AMD drivers (after having searched through many threads). Hence, I would place my bet on instances where Fusion (and its modules) are intensively used alongside nVidia drivers, even those of the studio version.

Regrettably, I have yet to find a solution that showcases nVidia drivers working seamlessly. Perhaps it's high time that Blackmagic engaged in a discussion with nVidia developers to understand what is not working in either of the two and why it triggers software restarts? It could be that Blackmagic should finally delegate a team of developers to thoroughly review Fusion's code, find users experiencing issues, and distribute a debug-type software version that logs all actions, thereby enabling the identification of the problem's root. I would willingly volunteer for this.

After all, if we locate the issue, we can eliminate it once and for all, transforming DaVinci into an extremely stable software platform, only then focusing on new features. DaVinci software is gaining more and more followers, and I notice that an increasing number of people are daring to use Fusion. I've also observed a surge in topics like "the programme won't start", "the project doesn't render", "the programme freezes", and so forth...

Blackmagic, I implore you to identify where the problem lies, and in version 18.5 beta 4, rectify Fusion to be resilient to errors. Instead of closing the programme, display what went wrong so that such information can be relayed to you, which in turn gives you the opportunity to fix these issues.

Many thanks,
BaGRoS
MSI GP66 Leopard / 11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-11800H
64GB RAM / GTX3080 8GB
M.2 1TB+2TB Samsung 980PRO
SanDisk Extreme 1TB SSD
Seagate One Touch Hub, 4 TB
Speed Editor + DaVinci Resolve Studio 18.6.4

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests