Allowing Scrubbing Main Audio Track Viewer in Source Window

• Author

JaysonX

Allowing Scrubbing Main Audio Track Viewer in Source Window

PostThu Dec 29, 2022 11:42 pm

I get that originally the intention was for a control surface operation, but with touch and the average mouse (now trackball) user this has been my gripe with Resolve since v16... So not just the ability to move the main marker around, but to also click anywhere in the window and have the marker follow... like FCP, Premiere, LIGHTWORKS etc...
Desktop | Version 18.5 | Ryzen 9 3950X | 64 GB RAM | RTX 5000 | Windows 10

Laptop | Version 18.5 | i7-9750H | 32 GB RAM | GTX 1650 | Windows 11

Jim Simon

Re: Allowing Scrubbing Main Audio Track Viewer in Source Win

PostMon Jan 02, 2023 4:57 pm

I don't say this is a bad idea - but we can move the playhead with the top waveform view, the timeline underneath, and the jog icon.

I'm not sure this idea would ever rise high enough in priority for me.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Norbert339

PostMon Jan 02, 2023 6:16 pm

+1

Signal to Noise

PostWed May 31, 2023 5:14 pm

100% Agree.

It makes no sense to have a playhead that you can't move with your mouse, since you're able to move the playhead elsewhere within Resolve's UI. Using the smaller waveform doesn't offer the detail to accurately navigate the waveform, so I find myself constantly fighting the interface to get my correct in & out.

I recognize it works ok if using a jog wheel and that's my normal workflow, but sometimes I'm on a laptop or a client's system and I don't have access to one. It would just make sense and be more intuitive for users to allow the same functionality as other NLEs ...and it wouldn't require redesigning anything visually within the UI.

Andy Mees

PostWed May 31, 2023 7:07 pm

I understand the UI design intends that the lower playhead is fixed, and I'm ok with that if thats the thinking... but in that case allow us to scrub the waveform under the playhead ie in the lower pane the cursor should change to a hand tool and let us drag the waveform left and right.

Allen24

PostSat Jun 03, 2023 10:41 pm

Boy, Jason...do I agree with you! The way you can't grab the audio from the middle absolutely sucks. I'm always grabbing it and you can't and that makes me CRAZY!
And while we're on the subject of audio - for me, Fairlite is so convoluted. I'm always taking my audio into LOGIC PRO which is soooo much better.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests