playhead to go to previous edit ignoring highlight

• Author

cire30a

playhead to go to previous edit ignoring highlight

PostSun Oct 20, 2019 12:06 pm

Currently playhead doesnt go back previous edit from its location it goes by the highlighted clip. would like it if i put the playhead somewhere, previous and forward edit should go in relation to the playheads location

Jim Simon

Re: playhead to go to previous edit ignoring highlight

PostMon Oct 21, 2019 4:04 pm

Say what now?

John Paines

PostMon Oct 21, 2019 4:12 pm

It's a long-standing complaint -- when a clip or transition is selected in the timeline, next/previous playhead commands are relative to that selection, and the selection moves with the playhead. It's a sometimes useful feature (particularly when selecting multiple transitions on stacked clips) but, on balance, I'd say it's an encumbrance.

I get around it with auto-hotkey routines, mapping up/down, to "deslect-all", *then* up/down, and a switch to turn this feature on and off.

brediknight

PostThu Nov 21, 2019 1:33 am

this is particularly cumbersome when adjusting keyframes on a clip. Since the clip is highlighted, in order to go back and forth to the first and last frames you have to deselect.

yes. there needs to be a global next edit prev edit regardless of tracks or clips selected.

Jim Simon

PostThu Nov 21, 2019 7:24 pm

Now I get it.

The problem here is that Previous/Next Edit and Previous/Next Clip share the same shortcuts.

They need to be separated on the Edit page. The Up/Down arrows should always be Previous/Next Edit (on the Edit page), regardless of selection.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests