Power windows improvements

• Author

tevryan

Power windows improvements

PostWed Oct 23, 2019 7:11 am

List of improvements I would like to see for Power Windows:
Group power windows (or select multiple power windows at once) for adjusting position/resizing together
Handles for “linear” (box) should resize from corner instead of distort (maybe command + drag)
Shift + drag should scale holding x or y constant
command + shift + drag should scale proportional
Ability to reset individual power windows
Ability to nudge power windows with arrow keys

SimplSam

Re: Power windows improvements

PostMon Oct 28, 2019 3:51 am

tevryan wrote:Group power windows (or select multiple power windows at once)
Could be handy in certain circumstances.
Handles for “linear” (box) should resize from corner instead of distort ..
It would be handy to have the additional default ability to visually scale the whole rectangle (as with the Circle). Even though scaling can be accomplished via the transform controls. Also you can convert the linear rectangle to a bezier and then have boxed control - after also shift-dragging a selection box around the desired anchor points.
Ability to reset individual power windows
This can be achieved with the [...] "Reset Selected Window"
Ability to nudge power windows ..
Could be handy
Resolve Studio 18.6 » Win 11 Pro 64GB » NVIDIA GTX 1080ti 11GB

Sam

Mel Matsuoka

PostMon Oct 28, 2019 6:58 pm

I have a few window-related requests myself:

1) Make windows pan/tilt/rotate in the expected way when a clip has been flipped or flopped. It's a bit disorienting to pan a window left, and see it go right instead when the clip has been flipped.

2) Center viewer around selected tracked Power Window. This would come in handy when doing roto work on a tracked window. It would keep the tracked window centered in the viewer, so that you could adjust the window over time, without having to constantly pan/zoom the viewer around to find wherever it moved in another location. This is similar to the "Quick Stabilize" mode in Mocha Pro.

3) Ganging/Parenting multiple windows to a single tracking-data source, so you dont have to keep copy/pasting track data if the relative tracked motion in the shot is the same for all windows that you want to track. Although I suppose this would not be necessary if the OP's idea of "Grouping" windows is implemented.

4) When pasting tracking data onto an existing window, have an option to keep the existing window position in place, and apply the tracking data relative to that initial reference position.

5) Outline indicators for feathering on PPW windows. I'm not sure why PPWs are the only window type which doesn't display feathering outlines? It's been there from Resolve 8, so I'm wondering if there is some sort of design reason for it?
Resolve Studio 18.0.2 / Decklink Mini Monitor / 14" 2021 Macbook Pro Max (macOS 12.5.1, M1 Max) / 32GB RAM

waltervolpatto

• Location: 1146 North Las Palmas Ave. Hollywood, California 90038 USA

PostWed Oct 30, 2019 1:54 am

have shapes grouped to a "parent" one. the "father" is not active but used for tracking purposes.

imagine to tract the under eye of a character,, it is 100 times easy to track a eye-eye-nose triangle, and apply that to the small shape under the eyes.
W10-19043.1645- Supermicro MB C9X299-PGF - RAM 128GB CPU i9-10980XE 16c 4.3GHz (Oc) Water cooled
Decklink Studio 4K (12.3)
Resolve 18.5.1 / fusion studio 18
GPU 3090ti drivers 512.59 studio

Lee Niederkofler

PostMon Nov 11, 2019 9:32 pm

waltervolpatto wrote:have shapes grouped to a "parent" one. the "father" is not active but used for tracking purposes.

imagine to tract the under eye of a character,, it is 100 times easy to track a eye-eye-nose triangle, and apply that to the small shape under the eyes.

+1
An easy link, parenting function like AFX or nuke would be great

Adam Janz

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 8:23 pm

Yes, being able to nudge power windows with arrow keys and shift+drag to scale proportional are absolute MUST features for roto (but fixing the keyframe system for power windows to allow for individual parameter animation rather than combining everything into one channel is even more important for usability). :)

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests