Frame.io Integration Request

• Author

10filmt20

Frame.io Integration Request

PostTue Nov 12, 2019 9:16 pm

What are thoughts on adjusting Frame.io markers to be connected to the clips, as opposed to the timecode of the project.
This is because usually a comment on Frame.io is in connection with a specific clip, so that information needs to be connected to the clip.

Notice arrow of preferred placement of the marker as seen by the arrow.
Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 4.04.06 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-11-12 at 4.04.06 PM.png (83.66 KiB) Viewed 486 times

This will allow movement within the timeline. currently, if clips get moved around within the timeline, any Frame.io markers placed further down from where you moved the clips, means that the markers will not be relevant anymore as the timing of the marker does not match up to where it did originally.
Last edited by 10filmt20 on Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spencer Morris

Re: Frame.io Integration Request

PostWed Nov 13, 2019 12:43 am

I think it’s better on the timeline rather than the clip. Some timeline view settings don’t show markers on clips, but they’re always easy to spot on the timeline. This is how Premiere does it as well. I just make the simple changes first and then make the changes that may cause timeline marker positions to shift around after.

The other issue that could be caused is if you have multiple video or audio tracks. How would the NLE decide which clip to put the marker on? I often put alternate shots above or below a clip and disable them so I can find them if the client wants an alternate shot. And what if the comment is referencing audio instead of video? It makes more sense for it to be timecoded to the timeline.

Return to DaVinci Resolve Feature Requests